Daily Url - Nov 1St

webteam

Administrator
Friday, 01 November 2013

US Court Maintains Stay on Disputed Argentine Debt Payment[The Argentina Independent]
The 2nd US Circuit Court of Appeals in New York rejected earlier today a motion to lift the stay on the payment of US$1.33bn of outstanding debt from the 2001 default while Argentina continues to...

Uruguay: President Mujica Criticises Argentina’s ‘Insular Policies’[The Argentina Independent]
Uruguay's president, José Mujica, said today in his weekly radio address that Argentina's recent trade measures will hurt Uruguay’s local economy and impede efforts at regional integration. Mujica...

2013 Record Stores Night[BA Travel Guide]
The record stores of Buenos Aires will remain open during the night of Thursday, November 7th, 2013, for the 5th Record Store Night (Noche de las Disquerías) an event similar to the "Record Store...

Thursday, 31 October 2013

Buenos Aires Photo 2013[BA Travel Guide]
The ninth edition of Buenos Aires Photo will take place at Centro Cultural Recoleta from November 1st through November 4th, 2013. This is the only art fair specialized in Photography in Latin...

Chinese War Ships in Buenos Aires Port on South American Tour[The Argentina Independent]
Naval war ships of the People's Liberation Army of China moored in the port of Buenos Aires yesterday for the first time, in a South American tour which also included Chile and Brazil.

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Quick Clip/Full Movie: Medianeras[Encounter Argentina]
If you have three minutes to spare, watch this. It’s the introduction to an Argentine film made in 2011 called Medianeras. This clip explains exactly why we love and hate this city in equal...

Meet BA’s Fashion Darling: Santiago Artemis[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Article by Sophie Lloyd of Shop Hop BA. Fresh-faced Santiago Artemis is the darling of the Buenos Aires fashion scene. Born in Ushuaia in 1990, …

And they´re off… my nightly race to the finish line[Olive´s in BA]
After reblogging and greatly enjoying othergfence65´s post about teenagers and their crazy late hours here in BA, I got to …Continue reading »

Halloween in Buenos Aires: Top 5 Spooky Legends[Buenos Aires 4U]
Halloween is a traditional and cultural event that occurs mainly in English-speaking countries, so for this reason it’s normal to assume Halloween in Buenos Aires does not exist. However, such...

Audi TT Taxis in Buenos Aires?[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingIs this part of the new Buenos Aires taxi fleet? I’d imagine getting into the back seat is a bit difficult, and who would have thought they could make the trunk space in BA taxis even...

Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Fierro Loves Hollywood: Dorrego Flea Market[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by jikatu) The Dorrego flea market in Palermo, not to be confused with the outdoor antique market surrounding Plaza Dorrego in San Telmo, is a great place to look for knick-knacks, antique...

We Scored A Pumpkin![Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingIn my 5+ years of living in Buenos Aires, this is the first year that I have actually seen pumpkins readily available. Looks like Halloween is catching on in Buenos Aires! We scored...

Monday, 28 October 2013

Talking about Argentine Politics[Argentine Post]
If you’re interested Argentine politics and economics, I’d highly suggest watching the Odisea Argentina. Hosted by La Nacion columnist Carlos Pagni and economist Nicolas Dujovne, it’s heaven for...

The Filming Dutchmen: Scorsese and Waterland Film produce two Argentine movies[Filming in Argentina]
By contributing blogger Benjamín Harguindey There may not be an official co-production legislation between Argentina and the Netherlands, but Dutch production company Waterland Film has kept busy...

This Week in Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
Monday (Photo by Arstuce) Head to the MALBA and check out the new Liliana Porter exhibit. Avenida Figueroa Alcorta 3415, Palermo. One Table, the city’s top Monday event, is the best place to start...

Sunday, 27 October 2013

Typical Argentine Food[Expose: Buenos Aires]
Some traditional dishes in Argentina: Carbonada – a delicious stew, sometimes served in one half of a squash. Locro - another stew, made with beans, corn, and different cuts of meat. Empanadas – most...

Law(lessness?) of the Gaucho[Southern Cone Travel]
<!--[if gte mso 9]> 0 0 1 509 2903 Southern Cone Travel 24 6 3406 14.0 <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE ...

Saturday, 26 October 2013

Set Your Alarm for 5am (Parents' Guide to BA Teenagers)[Olive´s in BA]
Reblogged from othersideofthefence: After seeing way too many looks of horror on the faces of friends as I casually mention …Continue reading »

The Southernmost Silly Season: Electoral Politics in Argentina & Chile[Southern Cone Travel]
Anyone traveling to the Southern Cone countries over thenext couple months will, unavoidably, experience the presence of politics.Some, perhaps, might prefer to forget the topic on their holidays,...

Thursday, 24 October 2013

Awesome Che Guevara T-Shirt Costume[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in RandomnessGreat work on this Che Guevara t-shirt costume! - Hat Tip to /r/pics on RedditThe post Awesome Che Guevara T-Shirt Costume appeared first on Discover Buenos Aires.Related...

Argentina democracy mural painted by THG[BA Street Art]
THG crew finished painting a huge new mural at the Centro Cultural Adan in Parque Chacabuco on Saturday night that celebrates 30 years of democracy in Argentina. The design took the four artists...

Fierro Loves Hollywood: Outdoor Drink Spots[Inside Buenos Aires]
It’s that time of the year again when bars are packed and sidewalks are full of happy nighters toasting to the warmth of Spring and Summer. Knowing where to go to sip on something whilst the breeze...

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Fierro Loves Hollywood: Cafés[Inside Buenos Aires]
Café culture is a porteño trademark, and the many gorgeous traditional cafés that are scattered around the city are proof that locals have thrived on cafecitos and medialunas ever since BA´s founding...

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Mataderos Fair moves for one day to Recoleta[BA Travel Guide]
On Saturday October 19th, 2013, the traditional Mataderos Fair, moves to Recoeta to celebrate the 281st anniversary of the neighborhood, offering a festival that will feature craft stalls, regional...

Oscar Conti at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes[Inside Buenos Aires]
The Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (MNBA) is hosting a new exhibition featuring the works of renowned Argentine illustrator and comic artist Oscar “Oski” Conti. In terms of form, Conti’s work was...

Monday, 21 October 2013

Kids Halloween Party in Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingUPDATE: Due to potential rain, the event has been moved to an indoor Palermo Hollywood location. Please RSVP below for full details. While Halloween continues to grow in popularity in...

A Brit’s Football Experience in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to watch the Argentina vs Peru World Cup qualifying match in Buenos Aires, which took place on Friday October 11th in the iconic Monumental Stadium....

Thursday, 17 October 2013

Where to buy and smoke cigars in Buenos Aires?[LandingPadBA]
Buenos Aires cigar lounges, tobacco shops and where to get the illusive Cuban cigars.

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Writing and Literature Courses at Walrus[Encounter Argentina]
It’s the last week or two to enroll in this season’s writing and literature classes at Walrus Books. I’ve taken classes with Rachel before and will vouch for the quality wholeheartedly. And — good...

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Let Me Order for You: San Telmo Restaurant Round-up[Encounter Argentina]
There’s some good eats in Buenos Aires, but sometimes it feels like Palermo gets all of the love. You guys. Come to San Telmo. You’re missing out. To make it all the easier for you, I’ve compiled a...

Top 8 places for kids in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
Buenos Aires may not be the most child-friendly city in terms of its infrastructure, with its potholed pavements and distinct lack of baby-changing areas, however the people in the city’s concern for...

"El Agora de la Paz", large scale installation by Marta Minujín on exhibition in Palermo[BA Travel Guide]
A large scale installation by the renowned pop and performance Argentine artist Marta Minujín will be inaugurated on Thursday, October 3, 2013, 4.30 pm, at Plaza Alemania, Av. del Libertador & Cavia,...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back