Daily Url, Nov 26

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 26 November

European Film Festival kicks off in BA[Buenos Aires Herald]
Seven movies are on the menu of the week-long European Film Festival starting today in Buenos Aires. Cannes festival executive director ...

Costanera Sur – A sustainable skyscraper for animals [Eco Friend]
Dubbed Costanera Sur, the vertical zoo will be built from debris left over from the construction of Buenos Aires’ decades-old highways and will be self-sufficient in terms of water and energy...

Wednesday, 25 November

The Berlin Wall of Boca[micheleandtom.com]
The opposing team’s fans at the soccer game we attended on Sunday ( Boca vs. Gimnasio ) were relegated to two sections on one side of the stadium behind a goal at the very top tier of s...

Clueless Americans at La Bombonera[micheleandtom.com]
We went to see the Boca Juniors play on Sunday. We chose Boca for two reasons: 1) The stadium, known as La Bombonera, is small and super intense, with the stands abutting right up to the field; and,...

Metallica Confirms January Concert in Buenos Aires[The Argentine Post]
The master heavy metal band Metallica has confirmed it will play at River Plate stadium on Jan. 21, 2010. You can get tickets online starting Dec. 10*here.

Tuesday, 24 November

photos: Boedo[Yillabean]
one of my favorite things to do in buenos aires is to explore new neighborhoods. today a friend and i went to the neighborhood of Boedo. (photo above: hey! today is the 24th of November!) ...

More kindness, sweet relief, treasures from home[My Buenos Aires Life]
I don’t know why I continue to be surprised at the kindness Argentines show each other in daily life. I should really just get over it, but every time I see one of these acts of generosity or even just ...

Interview with Julia Solomonoff, director of El Ultimo Verano de la Boyita[LandingPadBA]
Argentine writer and director Julia Solomonoff released her feature film El Ultimo Verano de la Boyita (The Last Summer of La Boyita) on November 5th. We sat down with her over a mate and asked her a ...

Anthony Bourdain in Argentina[Blog]
Anthony Bourdain en Argentina from Mauro Duarte on Vimeo. The last few days I've been searching around the internet for the full episode of the Travel Channel  show  No R...

Festival Buenos Aires Jazz 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Between December 3 and December 8 , BUENOS AIRES JAZZ.09 presents a program with more tan 150 musicians in concert, invited artists that visit Argentina for the first time, and national and inter...

2,000 Evacuated in Chaco Floods[The Argentimes]
More than 2,000 people have had to be evacuated in the northern province of Chaco, after torrential rain provoked mass flooding in capital Resistencia. The city and its surrounding barrios were hit by...

Roubini: Dollar may feed emerging market inflation[Reuters]
Argentina's economy will lag other countries in the region, expanding between 2 percent and 2.5 percent next year.

Transsexual Is Argentina’s “Woman of the Year”[Latin American Herald Tribune]
A transsexual who recently prevailed in a 10-year-long court battle to receive a new identity document recognizing her as a woman has been honored by lawmakers as Argentina’s “Woman of the Year.”

Monday, 23 November

1 year in Argentina![Yillabean]
One year ago today I arrived in Buenos Aires. What a truly amazing year it has been! Buenos Aires is an amazing city. There will always be a special place in my heart for Tina. Always. Today not ...

Bright Colours at the BAC[The Argentimes]
Amid the multitude of unique art galleries in Buenos Aires, The British Arts Centre is hosting artist Simon Boyd’s latest exhibit, ‘The Jousters’ Banquet’. A pastel-coloured trip down the winding stai...

Erotic BA[The Argentimes]
“One cannot understand the essence of a country or society without understanding the web of sexual relations of those that built it. Responsible for the birth, the splendour, the decadence, and the fa...

Sunday, 22 November

my first fútbol game: a tearful experience[My Buenos Aires Life]
A little bit about me: I am blonde. I am tall. These two things combined make me stand out among the sea of petite, dark-haired Argentines that float delicately around Buenos Aires--I am a Viking amon...

The "Backstory" on Argentina's Forensic Anthropology Team[As Belgrano Byrnes...]
There have been many, many stories told about Argentina’s horrific 1976-1983 “Dirty War,” when the military ruled the country with an iron fist, squashing any dissident voices. At least 10,000, a...

Monuments of Buenos Aires: "Las Nereidas" Fountain by Lola Mora[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
This magnificent fountain, located at the intersection of Tristan Achaval Rodriguez and Padre Mingone Avenues in Costanera Sur, Puerto Madero, is the work of Dolores Mora de Hernandez, bet...

Saturday, 21 November

riding the colectivo part 3: The Gringo on the Bus goes...[My Buenos Aires Life]
Welcome back! Its time for the next installment of Riding the Colectivo. So far we’ve covered the Guia-T and bus stop behavior, but at this point we haven’t actually made it onto the bus, which really...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back