Daily Url, Nov 4

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 04 November

Crime in Argentina Spiked in October[The Argentine Post]
Torcuarto Di Tella University’s latest crime “victimization rate” survey indicates that both overall criminal activity and violent crime spiked last month. Di Tella’s ...

Peso Becoming Top Carry-Trade Currency as Exports Soar[Bloomberg]
Argentina’s peso is becoming the most attractive carry-trade currency in the world. The peso’s so-called Sharpe ratio, a gauge that measures the reward for the risk investors take, tripled to 10.3 over the past month ...

Wednesday, 03 November

Reinventing the Whale[Señor Suitcase]
Ah, whale-watching. Scrolling through the mental rollerdex turned up the following: Number one: the Canary Islands, off-duty fishing trawler, eyeball-searing temperatures, stomach-emptying naus...

Saver Nation: Courting the “A” in Argentina[InvestBA.com]
A new survey from Rio de Janeiro shows Argentina's savings rate is significantly higher than Brazil's. “The Brazilians are buying everything” is a common refrain heard ...

What Now? CFK Out to Build a Symbol of Her Own[The Argentina Independent]
The future of Cristina Fernández and the legacy of Néstor Kirchner are tied to her ability to build around her some of the auro of authority that surrounded the late former president.

Top 5 Volunteering Organisations[The Argentina Independent]
Whether your heart lies in philanthropy or the rush of a spontaneous adventure, volunteering in Buenos Aires will open your eyes to a first-hand and unique view of the porteño city. We’ve assembled a ...

Tuesday, 02 November

go green[¿Qué Sé Yo, Argentina?]
Even Eco Bags Can Be Self-Righteous

Step back in time[South America on a budget]
Closing my eyes, facing skyward, I could smell another time, a different place, a beautiful memory. The sensory wanderings kick started by our current home have been a bonus surprise. The smell of sun...

Cristina’s Gratitude: To Néstor and The Nation[The Argentina Independent]
President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner gave her first address to the nation yesterday evening, since the death of her husband, former president Néstor Kirchner.

Aeroparque to be Closed for Renovations[The Argentina Independent]
The Aeroparque Airport (AEP) in Buenos Aires will be closed from 11pm on 3rd November until 8pm on 1st December 2010. Within that time period AEP will begin a work plan that will require an investmen...

VanityBA: Vinos de Lujo at the Alvear Palace[InvestBA.com]
Vinos de Lujo makes its annual run through November 5 at BA's luxurious Alvear Palace. Today through November 5th, Argentina’s most anticipated wine event returns to Buenos Aires. ...

Buenos Aires Palermo Shopping Guide Part 2: The Botánico[LandingPadBA]
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for all the latest updates on fashion, shopping, and trends in Buenos Aires!As the largest neighborhood in the city, Palermo provides a limitless amount of shopp...

A land ruled by ghosts[BA Herald]
Argentina is one of the most conservative countries on earth. Most significant political movements are in thrall to departed leaders. Instead of anything ...

Monday, 01 November

Amerika–Buenos Aires’ Largest LGBT Nightclub[Wander Argentina]
Buenos Aires’ most popular gay club, Amerika has three floors of music and room for 1,800 people meaning here there is something for everyone — gay or straight. The roots of the...

V Ancient Music Festival[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
San Ignacio de Loyola, the oldest church in Buenos Aires, located in the historic Manzana de las Luces, presents the V Ancient Music Festival , a program of eight concerts destined to raising fu...

Casa Peronista in Villa Ballester[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
I've taken to calling these California-style bungalows "Casas Peronistas" because, as I understand it, that was the style that was popular during their era. I still need to go to Ciudad Evita.

Why BA Parking Lots Are Good Investments[InvestBA.com]
Park n' Pagá: On-site airport parking in BA costs US$19/day at Ezeiza International. Neighboring Brazil and Chile may outrank Argentina in several global surveys, but the cost of parking ...

The Best Buenos Aires Chocolate[LandingPadBA]
The Top 3 Chocolatiers in Buenos Aires. Traditionally, chocolate in Argentina is associated with snowy settings in ski resort locations such as San Carlos de Bariloche or San Martin de Los Andes. Choc...

VI Buenos Aires Antiquarian Book Fair[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Organized by the Argentine Antiquarian Bookstores Association (ALADA), the VI Antiquarian Book Fair will take place from November 4 to November 7, 2010 , at the Ministry of Education, with free e...

The Welsh settlement in Argentina[Places to visit in Argentina]
If there is a cultural imprint that shows in most cities in Chubut, it is the Welsh. Moreover, almost any other province in the country have formed colonies as large as this. Before t...

Presidential Backbone – 5th Vertebra[SaltShaker]
Picking up on our wander along Av. Rivadavia from where we left off with a cup of coffee and a strawberry tart in front of us at Las Violetas , we cross relatively quickly through barrio Almagro...

Saturday, 30 October

Cabeceo in Buenos Aires Milongas[La Milonga Del 126]
Ah, the mysterious and challenging cabeceo. On my first trip to Buenos Aires, I didn’t use cabeceo much because I would usually meet my dance partner at the Milongas and we would dance together the wh...

Friday, 29 October

The street art of Buenos Aires: all for the people[Washington Post]
It's only fitting that in a city named for its pleasant weather, much of the most striking art should be found outdoors...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back