Daily Url - Oct 2nd

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sunday, 02 October 2011

Think Pink[Gringo Starr]
It’s one of the most recognisable sculptures in the world, and only 22 casts were made from the original mould. Of those, only one is in South America, sitting in Plaza de Congreso in front of the...

Autoclasica 2011 - Antique and classic cars exhibition[BA Travel Guide]
Autoclasica 2011, the biggest festival for classic cars and motorcycles in South America will take place between October 7 and 10, 2011, at the Gardens of San Isidro Race Track.

Saturday, 01 October 2011

El Palacio de Aguas Corrientes[Gringo Starr]
Towards the end of the 19th Century, after a series of increasingly serious disease outbreaks (in 1871 Yellow Fever wiped out nearly 10% of the city’s inhabitants), it was decided to do something...

Friday, 30 September 2011

Vintage Gauchos[Seashells and Sunflowers]
Every now and again I offer up some vintage goodness that I happen to find as I trawl the Internet. I recently stumbled upon this trove of vintage photos from the Witcomb Collection of the Archivo...

VIDEO: Flashmob Pillow Fight[The Argentina Independent]
Cíntia Dabés engages in some (flash)mob behaviour as she reports from last Saturday's giant pillow fight in the Palermo parks.

The Best Shopping in Buenos Aires: Secrets Revealed[LandingPadBA]
After almost 2 years in Buenos Aires, my time in this fabulous city has come to an end. I have loved every minute I spent meeting wonderful designers, writing this column, and of course, shopping. In...

Thursday, 29 September 2011

tucumán: city center[Line of Sight]
The ride from Cafayate to Tucumán was a lot longer than we’d estimated, & the scenery wasn’t very interesting until we got closer to Tafí del Valle. So I read. As we rode into San Miguel de Tucumán...

FT: Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay Adapt to Seduce Arab Nations[InvestBA]
In news that will please Washington as much as our booming relationships with China, Argentina and Uruguay are all enjoying stronger trade and investment ties with the Middle East. Samantha Pearson’s...

From SIDE to Sabot[SaltShaker]
Before 18th May 1810, Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay were all part of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata, a Spanish colony. At that time Joseph Bonaparte, brother of Napoleon, was king...

Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Limiting Foreign Land Ownership: A Law in the Making[The Argentina Independent]
A new law under debate in Congress proposes limiting the amount of land that a foreigners can own to 20% of Argentina's national territory. Mia de Graaf analyses the potential repercussions.

What do you think about the proposed law to limit foreign land ownership?[The Argentina Independent]
President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner announced her backing for a law that would restrict the amount of Argentine land owned by foreigners. The law is being debated in Congress, and stipulates...

Top 5 Blogs About Argentine Current Affairs[The Argentina Independent]
It can be hard to figure out what’s really going on in Argentina. You could easily spend a whole day weeding through the contradicting perspectives of the country’s three big three papers (Clarín, La...

The Indy Eye: Spring Pillow Fight[The Argentina Independent]
Saturday afternoon, youth gathered in front of the Buenos Aires Planetarium to participate in the Spring Pillow Fight Flash Mob.

History and the History of Tango[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
Tango is irrefutably recognized as one of the most passionate forms of dance worldwide, but the history of tango in Buenos Aires, Argentina is quite surprising.

Tuesday, 27 September 2011

A Porcelain Teacup of Happiness at Felicidad[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Felicidad is Spanish for Happiness. Joy. Cheer. Satisfaction. I met up with Amelia McGoldrick of Day Clicker Photo Tours last Friday to share a cup of tea at Felicidad in Las Cañitas. Amelia had...

Monday, 26 September 2011

Polo: 2011 Tortugas Country Club Open Polo Championship[BA Travel Guide]
The traditional Tortugas Country Club Open Polo Championship will kick off on Tuesday, September 27th, 2011, a tournament where some of the teams with the highest handicap in the world will be...

Saturday, 24 September 2011

BA Cast: Education Technicalities[Travel Guy]
This week’s episode of BA Cast is the third short of Season 2, in which we continue discussing the differences between Argentinian and American educational systems. In this episode you’ll also hear...

Friday, 23 September 2011

Things to do in Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
Let’s face it, most of us only get about a week to vacation in a far off land. There are a lot of bases to cover, sites to see, things to do and check boxes to fill. Here is your list of things that...

Buenos Aires Street Fairs: Feria de Mataderos[LandingPadBA]
We travel to explore, learn, feel, meet, see and try new things. We travel thousands of miles, board different types of transportation and speak various languages only to explore, learn, feel, meet,...

Caminos y Sabores (Roads and Flavors) 2011[BA Travel Guide]
The 7th edition of "Caminos y Sabores" (Roads and Flavors), will feature during 5 days the offers in typical food, tourism and handicrafts from all the regions in the country...

Immigrants Day Celebration[BA Travel Guide]
The Government of the City of Buenos Aires organizes the Immigrants Day Celebration, with an open air festival at the park surrounding the Planetarium Galileo Galilei (Av. Sarmiento & Figueroa...

FIBA - International Buenos Aires Theater Festival[BA Travel Guide]
Organized by the Ministry of Culture of the City of Buenos Aires, the International Buenos Aires Festival (Festival Internacional de Buenos Aires -FIBA), will take place between September 24th and...

Tasting our city[Travelling Buenos Aires]
One of the things we always remember from our trips is food. Everybody knows that Paris tastes of croissant and quiche lorraine, Mexico makes our tongue burn, Lima means fresh ceviche and in Brazil,...

Thursday, 22 September 2011

100th Salon Nacional de Artes Visuales 2011[BA Travel Guide]
The Salón Nacional de Artes Visuales, which takes place every year at Palais de Glace, is the most important contest in Argentina in the field of fine arts, covering painting, sculpture,...

Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Agritourism, Organic Farming On the Rise in Argentina, Uruguay[InvestBA]
With spring upon us and the growing season ready for liftoff, agricultural activities in Argentina and Uruguay are becoming more organic and attracting more foreign tourists in the process. According...

Argentina, the most popular tourist destination in South America[Argentina Look]
Buenos Aires, Argentina has become the most popular tourist destination in South America, with growth of tourists, the country has become the first South American destination.
For many years, the...

Sunday, 18 September 2011

Brazilian celebration in Buenos Aires[BA Travel Guide]
This event is part of a program of festivities destined to pay homage to the different communities present in the city, that has been carried out throughout the year. This time the invited country...

Celebration of the Moon Festival at the Chinese Quarter[BA Travel Guide]
On Sunday, September 11th, 2011, the Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival, will be celebrated for the first time in Buenos Aires, in the streets of the Chinese Quarter in Belgrano,...

Thursday, 15 September 2011

The Buenos Aires Subway[Harmony and Dissonance]
Above: The entrances to the beginning and end of each line.On a quiet Sunday morning, a day when the subway stations are relatively empty, I rode underneath the city for nearly 7 hours traversing the...

Whats Good on BADelivery[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Have you ever failed miserably at ordering delivery? I have. For some reason trying to deal with a delivery restaurant is one of the most confidence-crushing, uncomfortable situations of life...

Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Five tips for people learning Spanish[LandingPadBA]
Anyone who’s made an attempt at learning Spanish, whether in Argentina, Spanish or from the comfort of their couch in Europe, will know that learning Spanish is extremely challenging but rewarding...

Monday, 12 September 2011

French Week in Buenos Aires[BA Travel Guide]
The French Week in Buenos Aires "Vivi Francia 2011" will take place from September 18th to 25th, 2011,organized by the French-Argentine Commerce and Industry Chamber (CCIFA), and sponsored...

Wednesday, 07 September 2011

Fernet: a great drink for your trip to Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
If you’ve just come to Buenos Aires and would love to engage yourself into the drinking culture of the locals, there is no doubt that you will soon become closely acquainted with the odd yet...

Monday, 05 September 2011

Secret Bars of Buenos Aires: Explore the Hidden Underground[Gringo in BA]
The phenomenon of Secret Bars has been on the rise in Buenos Aires. What is a secret bar? Well, the idea harks back to the prohibition era of the United States and the idea of the “Speakeasy.” A...

Argentina, Argentines and Anti-Yanqui Sentiment[Expat Argentina]
So I went to the gym this morning and was happy to be starting the week with a good workout. Standing in the doorway of the gym was a woman texting on her phone. So as I am squeezing by her she just...

Friday, 26 August 2011

Buenos Aires Tango Festival & World Cup[Buenos Aires 4U]
Buenos aires is breathing tango again and this month, the city is proud to receive real tangueros from all over the world to compete in the world tango championship that is currently happening in...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back