Daily Url, Oct 9

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 08 October

Pintada Politica on Boyacá (desalojo)[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Here's a pintada politica I came across on Avenida Boyaca near Rivadavia in Flores. It's protesting the government's eviction of a [squatted] cultural center, of which there are several. T...

Andy Warhol Exhibit Coming To Buenos Aires[The Argentine Post]
An exhibit highlighting the work of the famous U.S. artist Andy Warhol will open in Buenos Aires later this month. Wikipedia on Andy Warhol.

Wednesday, 07 October

photo: alcohol delivery[Yillabean]
virtually everything is deliverable in b.a., alcohol and cigarettes included. this company delivers without a charge, their ad says to "consume with moderation" and they won't sell to anyone un...

A Trip to Tandil in Buenos Aires Province[LandingPadBA]
Destination: Tandil, Buenos Aires. Distance from Buenos Aires: 348 kilometers. Travel time: 4.5 hours. Tandil is a cozy littl...

Buenos Aies Photo 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The fifth edition of Buenos Aires Photo will take place at Palais de Glace in Recoleta from October 28th through November 1st, 2009. This is the only art fair specialized in Photography in Lati...

"What Happened to Argentina?"[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
GDP, then and now In a fascinating NYT Economix post ominously titled What Happened to Argentina? , Harvard economist Edward Glaeser examines the causes of the steady descent of Argentina's e...

Tuesday, 06 October

Teatro Colón Makes ‘Endangered Monuments’ List[The Argentine Post]
The magnificent Teatro Colón, one of the world’s theatrical wonders, has been given the dubious distinction of appearing on a list of the world’s most endangered monuments list.

Guitars of the World International Festival 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The “XV Festival Internacional Guitarras del Mundo 2009” (15th Guitars of the World International Festival 2009) , will take place from October 6th through October 18th, 2009, with free entrance ...

Monday, 05 October

Video: Argentina’s Medicine Mafia & Its Fake Drugs[The Argentine Post]
In this video the fine folks over at Al Jazeera take a look at the bizarre story of Argentina’s “medicine mafia” and the fake or adulterated drugs that it sold to people, even dying....

photo: my eco bag friend[Yillabean]
tired of contributing to buenos aires' waste, i bought a reusable bag to do grocery shopping. it's not only better for the environment, but i can now comfortably carry more bottles of wine home. ...

Craving Bagels? Bagelazo![The Argentimes]
Soon after moving to Buenos Aires I heard talk of a new artisanal bagel delivery service, started right here in Capital Federal, called ‘Bagelazo’. My first thought was, "Bagels in Argentina? Really?"...

Sunday, 04 October

Línea Urquiza to the Hurlinghame Club[micheleandtom.com]
Thanks once again to Candace and Gil, without whom we would do nothing interesting. Today, it was a trek outside of Capital Federal (the name for the inner barrios of Buenos Aires) so that...

Autoclasica 2009 - Antique and classic cars exhibition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Autoclasica 2009 , the biggest festival for classic cars and motorcycles in South America will take place between October 9 and 12, 2009 , at the Gardens of San Isidro Race Track . Autoclasica ...

Saturday, 03 October

A Good Relationship, Gone Bad[TangoSpam:La Vida Con Deby]
“I am leaving,”* my friend says to me.* “I can’t take it anymore.* Buenos Aires is like a relationship that has started to go bad.”* My friend has lived here almost as long as I have.* She came for ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back