Dance Class Anyone?

Clo

Registered
Hi Guys,

So I've moved to Argentina and have a list of things I want to do - which includes dancing (maybe swing but happy for suggestions?).

Personally, the idea of just rocking up to a dance school is way to intimidating for me and I wanted to gauge whether any other singles/couples would be interested in hiring a teacher and doing a private class?

Hope to hear from you,

Chlo

I was actually thinking of taking a couple of intro tango lessons. More to tell the folks back home that I'd tried it than out of real desire.

haha I was sure someone would mention tango. Personally, Im happy to give it a go and commit for a month and see how it goes - but thought swing might be a little more practical in the long term. . .(I can't see tango being much use at weddings, night clubs, dance offs with uma thurman and john travolta sort of thing).

*UPDATE*

So I took the liberty of phoning a local dance school someone had recommended and they said their teachers costs $AR200 for an hour and 15 minutes for a class of up to 8 people (about $25 a head).

We have a pretty big dining room so depending on interest, was going to suggest having the class there 1 night a week for four weeks and seeing how it goes?

The school has teachers for all different styles...I'm happy to try anything and am open to suggestions :)

I would totally be interested in one class per week. I am not interested in Tango or Swing though--any interest in any Salsa/Bachata/Merengue, etc type dances?? Will the classes be in English or Spanish?

Yeah! Any of those sound great!

I presume the classes will be in Spanish - which is a bit daunting at my beginners level but I'm guessing a lot of the class will be visual anyway.

Check out the key vocabulary words (probably less than 10 words)

I am always up for ways to learn and practice more partner/social dances. So keep me posted on what evenings the class would be. I would be open to working on most anything for a month. Maybe a samba on the slower end of the samba tempo, if that's not an oxymoron. Big-band swing music is not my favorite, so maybe a swing danced to electro something...

I would be interested in a dance class once a month, i like anything energetic, Salsa,Bachata,Merengue, samba.... keep me informed. What zone would the clases be in? Thanks

Ok great - so why don't I tell the teacher we're interested in Salsa,Bachata,Merengue, samba and then work out a plan in lesson one.

I think a week night evening will suit best - personally any suit me - what do people thing of a Tuesday or Thursday?

Back