Dating in Argentina vs Dating in US/UK....

People (Men and women) are more or less the same everywhere you go.

I truly see no major differences in Argentines with respect to dating and intimacy.

Most everyone wants to fit in, to belong, to love and be loved. It's all pretty universal in nature. You generally get what you give in a relationship, so be a good giver and you may cultivate something special in return. Mis treat a person, hurt or injure them and you have committed one of the worst crimes a person can inflict on another.

Etiquette wise: When seeking a partner, you are not picking out a piece of meat to cook, nor are you shopping for clothing to wear. You are seeking a human being to interact with, on the most personal and special level. So endeavor to be honest and sincere. Impress with who you are not with what you have.

I've asked the same question on dating Chinese women vs. American women, and my American friends say the Chinese women care more about their parents. Chinese parents seem to expect more "respect" from their daughters.

Something a little different!

What differences do you notice in dating in Argentina vs your home country (in many cases, sounds like US/UK)

Dating etiquette...what women/men seem to enjoy, Going to bars/clubs vs online dating

Vamooo

Did you take Ceviche's advice and kick your girl to the curb?

When I dated Argentine young ladies, 50 years ago, and also dated California young women, my experience was that Argentine women were more repressed sexually. I am not sure if the word is repressed, or cold, or not as enthusiastic as American. But that was 50 years ago, and perhaps things have changed dramatically since then.

If you are a while male from the US or Europe, you'll do much better with Argentinian women than someone from elsewhere from Latin America, who have lower market value. That is, they aren't typically going to downgrade socially by dating a Colombian or a Mexican

This discrepancy between how Argentines perceive themselves vs. how they are perceived by the rest of Latin America never ceases to amuse me.

The running joke in Brazil right now is that once the travel restrictions are lifted, many young men plan to buy bags of tampons, tooth paste, oreo cookies and whatnot, cross into Argentina and exchange those goods for easy sex.

Did you take Ceviche's advice and kick your girl to the curb?

No all is well :), was just curious due to the cultural differences

I’m sure I will still check out a boliche though, seems best to make local friends to have a good time. A little dancing never hurt anyone

This discrepancy between how Argentines perceive themselves vs. how they are perceived by the rest of Latin America never ceases to amuse me.

Likely the heavy European influence compared to other South American countries (?)

(I don’t agree with it, I also find it interesting)

When I dated Argentine young ladies, 50 years ago, and also dated California young women, my experience was that Argentine women were more repressed sexually. I am not sure if the word is repressed, or cold, or not as enthusiastic as American. But that was 50 years ago, and perhaps things have changed dramatically since then.
Maybe, but since by now those females you mention, who must now be in their 70s, are probably just as repressed or enthusiastic as they were back then. And good luck to them.

Back