Dating scene in BA?

Davidglen77 said:
This is my opinion on the subject, not facts, based purely on personal experiences and observations of friends, neighbors and business associates:

Men here, both straight and gay, tend to be a lot more expressive and emotional, don't forget -- you have a DOUBLE dose of "latino" with the majority of Argentine men, the "Argentino Estandar" is 1/2 spanish and 1/2 italian descent. So if you like men who say they love you, touch you all the time, want lots of kisses, hand holding, and expect you to be "pretty" all of the time for them, well then you will be happy. The flip side is, they will constantly be telling you how they feel, cry at the drop of a hat, and want you to meet their psychologist, will ask you to squeeze the puss out of pimples on their back, will wear rings on their thumb and pointer finger, and tie their long hair back in a pink scrunchee (that belongs to you) without even thinkin about it, oh and if you serve them food that they don't like they will straight out make faces, get up and go buy empanadas and sit on the sofa eating them while watching Shrek. Anybody else have a similar experience?

As for women go, I have less experience, as I play on the "other team". However comparing the women here with the ones I've known from the USA or Europe, the women here are more like European gals. They look and act like girls, wear sexy clothes, makeup, hair styled, act shy around guys if they like them, and watch their figure. Many of the women in the US that I've experienced lately act like truck drivers, talk loud with their mouth full, wear miniskirts even if their legs are white and lumpy like cottage cheese and veiny like gorgonzola and get really weird hairdos and walk around looking like teletubbies. Argentine women are a lot more traditional and careful to keep up their appearance. My one gripe is that too many girls here smoke.

So... Argentine men(ugly persons)-American woman(ugly persons).
in the another side: American men(nice persons)-Argentine woman(nice persons).
Then... Argentine men should meet with American woman.
And, Argentine woman should meet with American men.
In this way nobody lose. :rolleyes:

flowerpower said:
So... Argentine men(ugly persons)-American woman(ugly persons).
in the another side: American men(nice persons)-Argentine woman(nice persons).
Then... Argentine men should meet with American woman.
And, Argentine woman should meet with American men.
In this way nobody lose. :rolleyes:

Exactly, agreed!!!

The American women are going whine either way, but by your method they will have various legitamate reasons to do so.

The long suffering American men, get to go with women that have not been raised on silly women´s magazine articles, celebrity culture, and a hostile grab for equality from a percieved inequality, except when it comes time to pay the check.

Back when I lived in New York, it used to amaze me how the young women would organize themselves to oblivion. At 8:00 we are doing this, on Monday they would have Thursday's dinner planned out, they would have a manicure, leg waxing, haircut, facial at the same hour and day of the week every week, they were constantly telling their young husbands/boyfriends to be here at 9:15 and there at 10:00 and later at 7:45 at their Mother's place so they could leave at 10 minutes after 9, etc, etc. I would see the guys faces and attitudes and that kind of stuff really gets to guys. Latina women are more spontaneous and do much less time organizing and go more with the natural flow of things. If you are a laid back type of guy that will appeal to you, however the drawbacks are latina women are FIERCELY jealous, will accuse you of infidelity even if you look at another girl, will make throw away old pictures of yourself even if there is female in the background, and sometimes will break stuff and get histerical if they accuse you of doing something. So again it depends on what is more of a priority to you with women.

David, Argy men are like this too. My ex partner who supposedly claimed to ¨love me so much he could not concentrate on anything else¨ now has decided (for no reason at all) after our break up that he has to hate my guts. Argentines are very ¨amor u odio¨ type of people from my experience. It's not very unusual for people to decide they never want to speak to former friends/partners/family members ever again after the slightest spat. Hell, Cristina didnt even speak to her former VP for years after his alleged ¨betrayal¨ LOL

Davidglen77 said:
Back when I lived in New York, it used to amaze me how the young women would organize themselves to oblivion. At 8:00 we are doing this, on Monday they would have Thursday's dinner planned out, they would have a manicure, leg waxing, haircut, facial at the same hour and day of the week every week, they were constantly telling their young husbands/boyfriends to be here at 9:15 and there at 10:00 and later at 7:45 at their Mother's place so they could leave at 10 minutes after 9, etc, etc. I would see the guys faces and attitudes and that kind of stuff really gets to guys. Latina women are more spontaneous and do much less time organizing and go more with the natural flow of things. If you are a laid back type of guy that will appeal to you, however the drawbacks are latina women are FIERCELY jealous, will accuse you of infidelity even if you look at another girl, will make throw away old pictures of yourself even if there is female in the background, and sometimes will break stuff and get histerical if they accuse you of doing something. So again it depends on what is more of a priority to you with women.

Great points. I lived in NYC for many years and dated so many women with unbendable routines. Even to the point where I thought they were even more nuts than I proved myself to be for spending money on them in the first place.

sivan said:
honestly i think that most expat men that are living here long term are usually in a relationship with an argentine woman. having said that if you want to meet expat men the best thing to do is go to expat events. there are tons of them. You can check the Argentine Independant events page.

I have to disagree with this comment. There are loads of unattached European guys over here on long term assignments in the IT industry. Argentina experienced a huge brain drain so 'fill your boots girl' :). I'm married and l luckily I imported my own hansom man but there are lots of them in his office.
Good luck.

YanquiGallego said:
David, Argy men are like this too. My ex partner who supposedly claimed to ¨love me so much he could not concentrate on anything else¨ now has decided (for no reason at all) after our break up that he has to hate my guts. Argentines are very ¨amor u odio¨ type of people from my experience. It's not very unusual for people to decide they never want to speak to former friends/partners/family members ever again after the slightest spat.

Possessive, in a very sick way.

Back