Day Trips

TomAtAlki

Registered
We've been here at least half time for 6 years now, have been all over the country, but have not explored the outskirts of Buenos Aires city. I'm renting a car for a week and would really appreciate some suggestions of "must see" places that are less than a 2 hour drive from Buenos Aires.

Thanks, T/

Well I suggest you draw a circle of 100 miles form BA, that's a 2 hour drive from BA (your average speed will be 70 Km/hr.)
. Suggest day trips to San Antonio de Areco for Estancia, La Ruta del Queso in Suipacha, Tomas Jofre Parrilla..!

10 Gastronomic Towns in the Provincia de Buenos Aires

Visit Castles and Palaces built in the Provincia by Wealthy Argentinian Magnates early 20th. Century
palacets estancias buenos aires

Last edited:
10 Gastronomic Towns in the Provincia de Buenos Aires

February in Buenos Aires? Escape to one of the tourist villages in the province, stopped in time and with many options to eat. Country restaurants, artisan bakeries, Old General Stores and warehouses. Traditional roasts, pasta and homemade desserts. Very close, with the calm of the countryside and the rhythm of the daily nap. I chose between these 10 villages and traveled.

I just spent a week in Sierra Ventana. I started in Pigue. A beautiful clean little city in the south of Buenos Aires Province. Then on to Sierra Ventana. Another beautiful small town. Then Valle Ventana. Both towns with access to the hiking and biking national parks. Very prosperous and lovely area. And not far from these towns is Bahia Blanca.

Thank you Rich for the 10 Foodie towns. I translated and printed it up and now have a tour guide for Day trips.

T/

Thank you Rich for the 10 Foodie towns. I translated and printed it up and now have a tour guide for Day trips.

T/

Oka bear in mind that The Prices mentioned are VERY obsolete.... !! Enjoy...! some Places Like Tomas Jofre are Very Busy on weekends..!

Last edited:
Back