Dead Dogs In Palermo

That's very sad. I've had many cats poisoned back home. I'm sure it's done deliberately as a sick joke. I wish the system would take killing animals (whether pets or strays) more seriously. First they're gleefully killing helpless animals and then they're shooting up schools.

That's very sad. I've had many cats poisoned back home. I'm sure it's done deliberately as a sick joke. I wish the system would take killing animals (whether pets or strays) more seriously. First they're gleefully killing helpless animals and then they're shooting up schools.

Poisoning animals is reprehensible, but cat lovers can prevent it by not letting their pets run loose, and by not releasing kittens to become feral cats.

That was a poorly edited comment. Free-roaming and feral cats are a far bigger problem than dogs, at least in Palermo. It's rare to see a dog running loose, but the cats are everywhere.

I've seen shitloads of street dogs in Palermo.

That was a poorly edited comment. Free-roaming and feral cats are a far bigger problem than dogs, at least in Palermo. It's rare to see a dog running loose, but the cats are everywhere.
Hah, classic ajoknoblauch, always parading his hate for cats everywhere he goes. But slow down there!, it seems the original problem here was that dogs were being poisoned in Palermo and not cats. I don't think people in this city usually let their cats roam free. I sure as hell would not. At home it has never been a problem until people decided to leave poison around. Most of my cats back home roam around as we live in a small neighborhood where everyone know what cats belong where. Some of the cats are not interested in leaving the house and only go out to the patio and it's perfectly fine either way, as they are not brute and needy animals that take up space as dogs usually are. And yes, I spay/neuter all of my animals and have picked up loads of kittens, found them homes, or have sent some to shelters as to not contribute with the stray problem.

Hah, classic ajoknoblauch, always parading his hate for cats everywhere he goes. But slow down there!, it seems the original problem here was that dogs were being poisoned in Palermo and not cats. I don't think people in this city usually let their cats roam free. I sure as hell would not. At home it has never been a problem until people decided to leave poison around. Most of my cats back home roam around as we live in a small neighborhood where everyone know what cats belong where. Some of the cats are not interested in leaving the house and only go out to the patio and it's perfectly fine either way, as they are not brute and needy animals that take up space as dogs usually are. And yes, I spay/neuter all of my animals and have picked up loads of kittens, found them homes, or have sent some to shelters as to not contribute with the stray problem.

If you don't think cats roam, you've never set foot in the Jardín Botánico and many other places where irresponsible cat-lovers (a redundant term, I acknowledge) dump their felines where they'll have birds to kill and sandboxes to leave their toxoplasmosis.

If you don't think cats roam, you've never set foot in the Jardín Botánico and many other places where irresponsible cat-lovers (a redundant term, I acknowledge) dump their felines where they'll have birds to kill and sandboxes to leave their toxoplasmosis.

The nightmare of Ajo and the members of the BAExpats Cat Tortures Club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLLDOyZepY

Well I know stray cats roam. Don't know if people leave their pets to roam. Don't get me wrong; I like dogs very much. And sure, I've met tons irresponsible cat owners, but they are shy in comparison to dog owners who don't bother to teach their dogs manners, dude. Otherwise you wouldn't have so much dog poop everywhere or pooches barking their bums off 24/7. Some people can't even control their dogs when they walk past other pets or even people. And don't even get me started with the smelly ones. Feed them real dog food and bathe them once in a while, geez.

And maybe I'm the only one, but if cats help control the rat and flying rat (pigeon) population in Buenos Aires, then we need more stray cats pronto.

Back