Debate Trump Vs. Biden Tonite 20.00 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I wrote on another forum.

Here's the thing for me. Firstly, I am not American so I am not sure how I would react in the actual sitation. However, I doubt I would vote this election if I was American. I don't like what the Democrats did, they had the chance to really change the course of American politics and they didn't. Instead, they stuck with the same tired old formula that people across the country told them 4 years ago they are sick of. Instead, the person who is changing the course of American politics (for the worst) is sitting in the White House.

I think what the Democrats have done this year is political negligence and even slightly corrupt. There are many nefarious reasons why it is better to nominate a career politician instead of an up and comer who may rock the establishment. So, in my opinion, if I were a voter, I would want the Democrats to pay for that negligence. I cannot vote Trump, obviously, so I would not vote at all. The Democrats do not deserve my vote as they clearly did not learn their lesson.

We will see in the coming weeks if the American people are smarter than the Democrats and have learned their lesson. That said, there's no doubt there are many people around the U.S. who think like me.

Re the debate. Terrible everything. Terrible moderating, terrible questions, terrible performance by two very old men. It also showed that this is a tired format. What is a presidential debate for in 2020? These two have essentially been debating in the public eye for months/years through the 24/7 news cycle, on-demand information, social media, websites, etc. People already know what their positions are, who they are, and what they think. The news networks are all complaining but they got what they wanted, something to attract viewers. That's all this debate was good for... ratings.

And finally, and not plagarizing myself from elsewhere, it seems that Biden wants to trade blows with Trump and try to engage him on his various controversies. Why don't the Democrats realize this does not work. Trump is not a normal president. Attacks are nothing to him and he will come back harder and be more personal in his attacks. And it's the same with his controversies, he simply doesn't care and brushes them off. His base laps it up. I would love to see more people target is real weaknesses, which I see as a complete lack of knowledge on many subjects.

Having said all this, I truly hope Trump is voted out. I can't stand him and it's not even because I am left and he is Republican. He is not Republican, he is just an opportunist who I disliked even when he used to be cozy with Democrats.
I liked your post a lot.

But, I would like to say this:

Successful or not, it was just as nice to see a non career politician hold the office as it was to see a black man hold the same office. Someday it will be a woman, then a homosexual and a transgender, then an Asian American ... etc ... on and on and on ... Probably not a German Sheppard! (A joke!!)

Trump has been and is in over his head, but he has a few ideas I find appealing.

Trump was not wrong in his wanting to put America (EE UU) first. And to do that, he had to make some very difficult things happen. Such as all those trade agreements. The US has simply given away it's manufacturing sector to greedy multinationals / China.

Another, That Wall with Mexico! Argentina, doesn't like being overrun with Bolivians, why the heck would The US want to be overrun with Mexicans are others from further south? And those Chinese tourists who come here to have their babies on US soil for citizenship? WOW!

These are real problems he has tried to address. Only a whacko liberal would think this is bad. Sorry, but it is true!

The founding fathers of this country, with their limited vision of a couple of hundred years ago did an incredible job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT - this being born on US soil for automatic citizenship thing has to be changed!

The change should be something like this:

A person who is born on US soil must be born to a mother who is here LEGALLY. That simple change would address so much.

I'll stop there.

I liked your post a lot.

But, I would like to say this:

Successful or not, it was just as nice to see a non career politician hold the office as it was to see a black man hold the same office. Someday it will be a woman, then a homosexual and a transgender, then an Asian American ... etc ... on and on and on ... Probably not a German Sheppard! (A joke!!)

Trump has been and is in over his head, but he has a few ideas I find appealing.

Trump was not wrong in his wanting to put America (EE UU) first. And to do that, he had to make some very difficult things happen. Such as all those trade agreements. The US has simply given away it's manufacturing sector to greedy multinationals / China.

Another, That Wall with Mexico! Argentina, doesn't like being overrun with Bolivians, why the heck would The US want to be overrun with Mexicans are others from further south? And those Chinese tourists who come here to have their babies on US soil for citizenship? WOW!

These are real problems he has tried to address. Only a whacko liberal would think this is bad. Sorry, but it is true!

The founding fathers of this country, with their limited vision of a couple of hundred years ago did an incredible job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT - this being born on US soil for automatic citizenship thing has to be changed!

The change should be something like this:

A person who is born on US soil must be born to a mother who is here LEGALLY. That simple change would address so much.

I'll stop there.

I'm not a whacko liberal, but as someone with close ties to ICE/CBP going back to when it was still called the INS, I can tell you that illegal crossings from the Mexican corder have been declining for years. And the idea that pregant women are sneaking in to have babies is largely an racist urban myth. The arguments I've seen for ending birthright citizenship have more to do with demographics than anything else.

That whole issue is another case of Trump inventing a non-existent problem that he can then pretend to solve and claim it as a success.

Best description I’ve read of last night’s “debate.”

It was like witnessing an argument about an arcane procedural rule during a senior bingo night at a nursing home in purgatory.

I'm not a whacko liberal, but as someone with close ties to ICE/CBP going back to when it was still called the INS, I can tell you that illegal crossings from the Mexican corder have been declining for years. And the idea that pregant women are sneaking in to have babies is largely an racist urban myth. The arguments I've seen for ending birthright citizenship have more to do with demographics than anything else.

That whole issue is another case of Trump inventing a non-existent problem that he can then pretend to solve and claim it as a success.
Renzi,

I have a lot of respect for you. You are okay in my book. I am sure we could be friends.

The border crossing and anchor baby issue have been in my mind a lot longer than this whole Trump thing. He did not invent the issue. Someone prior to him did.

Trump's actions, in my mind, are made to invigorate his base. And I think that is a terrific waste of good activity when he could be working on something. But in all fairness, politics is part showmanship and if you don't embrace it, the competitor will step ahead of you because they are engaged in the same tactics.

Having said that, it would be great for a 6 year, one and done term, even just 4 years, that way no one cares about being re elected, the sitting official can do the job and overall, more people may get the opportunity to serve.

Renzi,

I have a lot of respect for you. You are okay in my book. I am sure we could be friends.

The border crossing and anchor baby issue have been in my mind a lot longer than this whole Trump thing. He did not invent the issue. Someone prior to him did.

Trump's actions, in my mind, are made to invigorate his base. And I think that is a terrific waste of good activity when he could be working on something. But in all fairness, politics is part showmanship and if you don't embrace it, the competitor will step ahead of you because they are engaged in the same tactics.

Having said that, it would be great for a 6 year, one and done term, even just 4 years, that way no one cares about being re elected, the sitting official can do the job and overall, more people may get the opportunity to serve.

I quite agree. The current animosity toward immigrants baffles me. We are all immigrants in the USA - aside from the sadly ignored Native Americans.

Immigrants fill many jobs that native born Americans are unwilling to do. From my own personal experience, in the Washington, DC area is impossible to get a gardener, a housekeeper, or any kind of house help who is NOT a recent immigrant. Same goes for many other entry level jobs like busboys, janitors, etc.

I know several women who got there as domestics. In spite of discrimination, low wages, and the challenge of a new language, they found jobs and made sure their children went to school, and even college.

There are many success stories. A Brazilian housekeeper's American daughter became a lawyer. An illiterate Dominican laundry worker has his own hotel laundry service business now. My Mexican yard helper started with just a manual lawnmower and a beat up ancient car. After twelve years, he now has four trucks with four five-man crews taking care of 250-plus suburban yards. Jesus is in such demand that he's not taking on new clients - there's a waiting list for his services. Just by himself, this twenty-year old penniless immigrant managed to create twenty jobs.

Those are just a few cases I happen to know first-hand, but there are many more like them.

Last edited:
I quite agree.

Besides, immigrants fill many jobs that native born Americans are unwilling to do. From my own personal experience, in the Washington, DC area is impossible to get a gardener, a housekeeper, or any kind of house help who is NOT a recent immigrant. Same goes for many other entry level jobs like busboys, janitors, etc.

I know several women who got there as domestics. In spite of discrimination, low wages, and a new language, they made sure that their children went to school, and even college.

There are many success stories. A Brazilian housekeeper's American daughter became a lawyer. An illiterate Dominican laundry worker has his own hotel laundry service business now. He's going to

My Mexican yard helper started with just a manual lawnmower and a beat up ancient car. After twelve years, he now has four trucks with four five-man crews taking care of 250 suburban yards. Jesus is in such demand that he's not taking on new clients, and there's a waiting list for his services. A twenty-year old Mexican immigrant managed to create twenty jobs.

Those are just a few cases I know first-hand, but there are many like them. The current animosity toward immigrants baffles me. We are all immigrants in the USA - aside from the sadly ignored Native Americans.
Those are some great success stories and I like them very much, but there are also instances of foreigners who contribute nothing and game the system. I can't say what the percentages are of any particular group, but I can say that it doesn't take very many bad examples to give the whole group a bad reputation regardless of how much good the majority may make. I believe this may be what is in play???

Who Won the Debate ?.. some media said both lost ..? others claim Trump did? some that Biden did ?

The debate looked like a regular session of the Argie TV Program on America Intratables , where everybody interrups and speaks over some one else .. Speak of Pais Bananero..!

Trump was more agresive and run over Biden several times. Joe is used to the Senate civilized procedures. DJT is used to the street hecklers in Brooklyn construction sites..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back