Debate Trump Vs. Biden Tonite 20.00 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CNN, 60% thought Biden won, 28% Trump. The rest were probably shocked into a catatonic states on their seats.
Predictably. What does Fox report? What would an outlet somewhere between those two extremes report.

Those are some great success stories and I like them very much, but there are also instances of foreigners who contribute nothing and game the system. I can't say what the percentages are of any particular group, but I can say that it doesn't take very many bad examples to give the whole group a bad reputation regardless of how much good the majority may make. I believe this may be what is in play???
I happen to know quite a bit about immigrants in the Washington area. I was an interpreter for an organization providing immigrants with pro-bono legal advice. The stories I came across were heartbreaking.

Far from gaming the system, these immigrants were so afraid of authority that they did not dared apply for any benefits they were entitled to. We had to guide them through the resources available in the area, starting with free English night classes.

For the most part they were submissive, beaten down people, used to being taken advantage of by authorities and employers alike, and totally ignorant of their rights. For instance, I met a Dominican man, a skilled carpenter heading a six man crew rebuilding the Pentagon after 9/11. He designed and supervised the building of concrete frames used for columns. Yet, he was paid a third of what an American apprentice carpenter in his crew got. He learned that from the apprentice himself, who urged him to get legal help.

I also worked as a ride-along interpreter with the local Police. We there was an area they called The Black Hole of Calcutta, a street so dangerous that police cruisers had to patrol it in sets of two. It was full of drug dealers and gangs - all Americans. Gradually, Hispanic immigrants started renting houses on that street, and whole families moved in. The area changed so much that in a couple of years we could drive down the street in a single cruiser, with windows rolled down and people waving at us.

It may be different in other cities - I just know what I saw for myself.

Last edited:
I happen to know quite a bit about immigrants in the Washington area. I was an interpreter for an organization providing immigrants with pro-bono legal advice. The stories I came across were heartbreaking.

Far from gaming the system, these immigrants were so afraid of authority that they did not dared apply for any benefits they were entitled to. We had to guide them through the resources available in the area, starting with free English night classes.

For the most part they were submissive, beaten down people, used to being taken advantage of by authorities and employers alike, and totally ignorant of their rights. For instance, I met a Dominican man, a skilled carpenter heading a six man crew rebuilding the Pentagon after 9/11. He designed and supervised the building of concrete frames used for columns. Yet, he was paid a third of what an American apprentice carpenter in his crew got. He learned that from the apprentice himself, who urged him to get legal help.

I also worked as a ride-along interpreter with the local Police. We there was an area they called The Black Hole of Calcutta, a street so dangerous that police cruisers had to patrol it in sets of two. It was full of drug dealers and gangs - all Americans. Gradually, Hispanic immigrants started renting houses on that street, and whole families moved in. The area changed so much that in a couple of years we could drive down the street in a single cruiser, with windows rolled down and people waving at us.

It may be different in other cities - I just know what I saw for myself.
I truly want everyone, regardless of who they are, or where they are from, to live a good life and realize their potential.

I am stopping there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back