Debate Trump Vs. Biden Tonite 20.00 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give the win to Biden. No points were scored, nothing stuck and Biden still ahead and another week closer to the election. He did whats called a Tempo in chess, where you make your opponent waste an opportunity.
Maybe Biden scored some points by holding up for 90 minutes.

It's such a shame that Biden is the best the Democrats could come up with. Another status quo politician. I understand the need for some balance and normalcy following Trump, the the Democrats opened the door to a Trump second term by nominating Biden. It was time for something different from them and they shit the bed. I cannot see how a guy that has said and done the things Trump has can win a second term, it shouldn't even be a close thing. However, it looks like Biden will ensure it is close.

The Democrats went with two of the worst performing candidates in the primary. It should be no surpsise if they struggle. Joe ran in 1988 and had to drop out over plaguarism allegarions, in 2008 he won less than 1% of the vote in the Iowa Caucus. He's never been particularly popular even among Democrats. Now when he's well past his prime and the stakes are the highest, he's apparently the best candidate.

Trump's extreme and pathological behavior are exactly what attracts his base. He knows how to sell his brand, and create brand loyalty. This is the new reality of US politics and there's really no going back. Even if he loses, which I'm not banking on, who's to say future Republicans are not going to emulate his formula, especially if up until now it's been successful?

Last edited:
I give the win to Biden. No points were scored, nothing stuck and Biden still ahead and another week closer to the election. He did whats called a Tempo in chess, where you make your opponent waste an opportunity.
Maybe Biden scored some points by holding up for 90 minutes.
I agree that nothing stuck and that Trump won't have attracted any new voters by his performance. The problem I see is that it is not enough for Biden to just be ahead. He needs to be way ahead on election night. So far ahead, that there is no denying his victory. Short of that, I believe Trump will end up hanging on to the presidency by other means.

I agree that nothing stuck and that Trump won't have attracted any new voters by his performance. The problem I see is that it is not enough for Biden to just be ahead. He needs to be way ahead on election night. So far ahead, that there is no denying his victory. Short of that, I believe Trump will end up hanging on to the presidency by other means.

Thats a current dem talking point, that Trump wont leave the office if he loses. I hear it from all my dem friends and family.
I could see a repeat of 2000 where the election was close and it took time to count and recount the manual ballots. But that was resolved well before Jan 20.
Aside from that situation, If Trump clearly loses there is zero chance that he will still be in the White House on Jan 20. What do you think he'll do, lock himself in the Oval Office?
Ironically the closest we've come a president not leaving office was when the dems spent 4 years trying to nullify Trumps election. Or Hilliary recently telling Biden to never concede.

Thats a current dem talking point, that Trump wont leave the office if he loses. I hear it from all my dem friends and family.
I could see a repeat of 2000 where the election was close and it took time to count and recount the manual ballots. But that was resolved well before Jan 20.
Aside from that situation, If Trump clearly loses there is zero chance that he will still be in the White House on Jan 20. What do you think he'll do, lock himself in the Oval Office?
Ironically the closest we've come a president not leaving office was when the dems spent 4 years trying to nullify Trumps election. Or Hilliary recently telling Biden to never concede.
If he clearly loses, he will go. But how does he clearly lose? It seems to me he only clearly loses if, on election night, Biden is so far ahead on in-person voting that day, that it doesnt matter that Trump argues the postal ballots are fraudulent.

I notice more and more Democrats are now urging people to take the risk, put on a mask and vote in person; they know they that anything short of a massive victory, clear on the day even without counting the postal votes, is the only way.

At least Trump plays the bumbling idiot role well. Biden fails no matter which image he tries to portray.

If I'd to put money on it I'd say Trump will win again however I don't give a stuff to be honest.

Cards on the table:

Trump, has been very good for my wallet. If he is re elected, I expect my individual prosperity is likely to continue.

Having said that, I did not vote for him, nor did I vote for HRC, or anyone else for that matter. In fact, I have not voted in the past two presidential election cycles. Why? Simply because all the candidates have been unappealing to me.

Everything is such a mess and no candidate seems capable of doing a good job for the country while brining everyone together as a group of citizens should be. And the reason this is so is very simple:

The country is DIVIDED!

How did the country get so divided?

Because too many immigrants were admitted to the country too quickly (in part) but the larger part of the problem was not encouraging (That may be too lax of a word, how about REQUIRING? Yes Require!) them to blend into our culture as full participants to our way of life.

What did that mean?

An example, I know of no other place on earth where illegals can get so much government assistance. Furthermore, as a country, no one is required to speak the language. Just about every form you receive from the government arrives in a bunch of different languages and there is even an offer to provide translation services should they be needed!

Is Argentina doing that? NOPE! Speak Spanish or get left behind! Or don't even get attended to for that matter.

When a person does not have to integrate into a society, they keep their ways of their former country. And, to a large degree, we have too many people who are not thinking like citizens.

There is a gazillion more things to this. And I don't have enough time in my day to articulate my post. It's the tip of the iceberg.

Cards on the table:

Trump, has been very good for my wallet. If he is re elected, I expect my individual prosperity is likely to continue.

Having said that, I did not vote for him, nor did I vote for HRC, or anyone else for that matter. In fact, I have not voted in the past two presidential election cycles. Why? Simply because all the candidates have been unappealing to me.

Everything is such a mess and no candidate seems capable of doing a good job for the country while brining everyone together as a group of citizens should be. And the reason this is so is very simple:

The country is DIVIDED!

Because too many immigrants were admitted to the country too quickly (in part) but the larger part of the problem was not encouraging (That may be too lax of a word, how about REQUIRING? Yes Require!) them to blend into our culture as full participants to our way of life.

What did that mean?

An example, I know of no other place on earth where illegals can get so much government assistance. Furthermore, as a country, no one is required to speak the language. Just about every form you receive from the government arrives in a bunch of different languages and there is even an offer to provide translation services should they be needed!

Is Argentina doing that? NOPE! Speak Spanish or get left behind! Or don't even get attended to for that matter.

When a person does not have to integrate into a society, they keep their ways of their former country. And, to a large degree, we have too many people who are not thinking like citizens.

There is a gazillion more things to this. And I don't have enough time in my day to articulate my post. It's the tip of the iceberg.
Follow up ...

I am not opposed to voting again, but it is going to take a great candidate to get me to participate going forward.

Otherwise, I will sit, watch and accept whoever the others elect.

The whole process makes me un happy and I am not prepared to waste my life trying to right a wrong.

Cards on the table:

The country is DIVIDED!

What did that mean?

As I wrote on another forum.

Here's the thing for me. Firstly, I am not American so I am not sure how I would react in the actual sitation. However, I doubt I would vote this election if I was American. I don't like what the Democrats did, they had the chance to really change the course of American politics and they didn't. Instead, they stuck with the same tired old formula that people across the country told them 4 years ago they are sick of. Instead, the person who is changing the course of American politics (for the worst) is sitting in the White House.

I think what the Democrats have done this year is political negligence and even slightly corrupt. There are many nefarious reasons why it is better to nominate a career politician instead of an up and comer who may rock the establishment. So, in my opinion, if I were a voter, I would want the Democrats to pay for that negligence. I cannot vote Trump, obviously, so I would not vote at all. The Democrats do not deserve my vote as they clearly did not learn their lesson.

We will see in the coming weeks if the American people are smarter than the Democrats and have learned their lesson. That said, there's no doubt there are many people around the U.S. who think like me.

Re the debate. Terrible everything. Terrible moderating, terrible questions, terrible performance by two very old men. It also showed that this is a tired format. What is a presidential debate for in 2020? These two have essentially been debating in the public eye for months/years through the 24/7 news cycle, on-demand information, social media, websites, etc. People already know what their positions are, who they are, and what they think. The news networks are all complaining but they got what they wanted, something to attract viewers. That's all this debate was good for... ratings.

And finally, and not plagarizing myself from elsewhere, it seems that Biden wants to trade blows with Trump and try to engage him on his various controversies. Why don't the Democrats realize this does not work. Trump is not a normal president. Attacks are nothing to him and he will come back harder and be more personal in his attacks. And it's the same with his controversies, he simply doesn't care and brushes them off. His base laps it up. I would love to see more people target is real weaknesses, which I see as a complete lack of knowledge on many subjects.

Having said all this, I truly hope Trump is voted out. I can't stand him and it's not even because I am left and he is Republican. He is not Republican, he is just an opportunist who I disliked even when he used to be cozy with Democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back