Debit Withdrawal Fees

Today at Citi "customer ATM" received $2000 Ars and the debit on my card was US$139.35 ...? went online and there were no other fees..? rate $14.35...?? :wub: Help

Nevermind. (Edit doesn't seem to allow the author to delete a post altogether)

Citibank on 9/3 received $2000 for US$130 ($15,40) , plus US$5 on Citi side for Intl Withdrawal...? Actual rate $14.81 pesos/US$

Supervielle also March 9. $2400 + $93.60 ATM fee for US$161.99. Rate: 15.39 (will get the fee refunded)

I have been investigating why almost no banelco ATM's accept my new chipped cards and most do not. I had the manager at Santander Rio phone around their branches to ask why some machines I tried work and some do not. The story I was told is that many of the ATM's have not been upgraded to read the new chips. Only a few machines work with the new chips. So for example no ATM machines at the Santander on Rodrigues Pena work. One in the Santander on Santa Fe at Scal Ortiz works, and all the machines in the Galicia on Santa Fe at Scal Ortiz work. So the moral of this story is do not upgrade your card to a new chip unless they give you no choice, and when you find a machine that works treat it well.

I have been investigating why almost no banelco ATM's accept my new chipped cards and most do not. I had the manager at Santander Rio phone around their branches to ask why some machines I tried work and some do not. The story I was told is that many of the ATM's have not been upgraded to read the new chips. Only a few machines work with the new chips. So for example no ATM machines at the Santander on Rodrigues Pena work. One in the Santander on Santa Fe at Scal Ortiz works, and all the machines in the Galicia on Santa Fe at Scal Ortiz work. So the moral of this story is do not upgrade your card to a new chip unless they give you no choice, and when you find a machine that works treat it well.

All new cards issued have chips ... looked into it to request without chip... not possible. Also in Colonia same problem with chips not accepted at all ATM¡s

However the US banks have been very overbearing and they insist to change to chip cards. Rather than suddenly finding yourself without a debit card ( or a card which is blocked) , its best to accept their new chip cards

Back