decent gym in palermo?

asaint

Registered
can anyone recommend one? not into anything that involves special headbands or spandex-- just need some free weights and cardio machines.

Not mine, we already have too many people ;)

Palermo is a big area. I like Spa Ser, at Cervinio street. It costs $300 per month.

Always (alwaysclub.com.ar) on Paraguay/Gurruchaga is pretty good. I've been going over a year and the classes and equipment are pretty good for here. Treadmills are good, elyptical machines really old, huge free weight and station set-up.

special headbands or spandex

Are there any 80's era Retro gyms with spandex and headbands - ideally with posters of Farah Facchet (sic)?

I only very rarely see spandex and only on some of the older ladies that probably wore it back in the day. Spandex last forever...

There's a very basic gym on the corner of Cabrera and Billinghurst called Trotter's. It's only 85 pesos per month for free weights and cardio machines, but that's about all they have. Unfortunately, it's right above a parrilla/pizza joint, which makes it somewhat difficult to concentrate on working out.

amcarey said:
There's a very basic gym on the corner of Cabrera and Billinghurst called Trotter's. It's only 85 pesos per month for free weights and cardio machines, but that's about all they have. Unfortunately, it's right above a parrilla/pizza joint, which makes it somewhat difficult to concentrate on working out.

This is ridiculously cheap for ANY area.

My local went from $390 for 3 months to $450 for 3 months in one bump. Per month is about $180 or more and this gym is SMALL. I plan my visits so that I can actually use the equipment I want. Before 5pm or the last 45 minutes before closing.

And NO, I'm not going to be more specific than that, because I don't want more people going there either.

Back