Decent office chair

BAwithkids said:
this chair from Easy takes the cake for low quality.

Everything from Easy takes the cake for low quality. They suck..

If you find a nice chair at a low price, let us know! :) I too am in need - my resistence to overpay for a chair has led to back and neck problems. I seriously thought about bringing my chair from home until I realized how ridiculous it'd be to bring an office chair.

Comparing US Staples prices and quality vs Argentina Staples just makes me sad.

Check out Erasmo (Libertad 850). I had a nice office chair that they custom built for me (unfortunately it took about 6 weeks but they could sell you what's in inventory) for around 1600 pesos. That's a big chunk of change but well worth it if you are a telecommuter like me.

I'm leaving BA in the coming months and will put the chair up for sale.

http://www.erasmo.com.ar/

I bought a good office chair in Coto about three years ago. I paid almost 400 pesos for it and it had a metal base instead of plastic. It has fake leather cushions and it is really comfortable. Before this I broke every chair I bought. (I am really hard on chairs) It still works perfectly and I love it.

Try Tisera. They have a several showrooms on Sarmiento and lots of office furniture. The model I bought, Gheros is now 940 pesos, up about 60% in price since I bought 2 years ago, but it is a nice chair. www.tisera.com

My husband bought a great office chair about a month ago from a chair place on Cordoba...between Jorge Newbery and Dorrego (mas o menos). I can't recall the name or exact address but all they sell is office chairs. I think he paid just under 1,000...which is a good deal for what he got (he did a lot of looking around before hand).
There is another chair place on Alvarez Tomas and Zabala (again, mas o menos). I'm not sure what their prices are like though.

Got a half decent office chair from sodimac, cost around 400 pesos I think.

Everything Easy sells, without exception, is overpriced crap.

jp said:
Got a half decent office chair from sodimac, cost around 400 pesos I think.

Everything Easy sells, without exception, is overpriced crap.

Where is sodimac? Is it a chain? And yes, I've learned my lesson about Easy.

BAwithkids said:
Where is sodimac? Is it a chain? And yes, I've learned my lesson about Easy.

Its a big store, just outside of general paz on libertador. There's a few others dotted around the provincia: http://www.sodimac.com.ar/Tiendas.aspx

Not amazing, but a lot better than easy (not difficult) and fairly reasonable prices (for the things I was looking at anyway).

Back