Decreto 1169/residency reqs

henryb

Registered
Has anybody who got temporary residency according to "decreto 1169" renewed it recently. Do you really need to present proof of income, or just certificate from police is enough?

Thank you.

decreto 1169 renewals require either salary receipts or monotributo payment receipts. You do need to show you have an income. An address certificate from you local police will not help.

Remember you will become Permanent so you can apply for you Mercosur Cedula.

Good luck.

Attorney said:
An address certificate from you local police will not help.

I meant certificado de antecedentes penales.

Attorney said:
decreto 1169 renewals require either salary receipts or monotributo payment receipts.

What if you are working for a foreign employer that does not have Argentine presence or freelancing?

Does anyone know if there is an official list of the renewal requirements online? Two years ago it was very clear on the migraciones.gov.ar site but this time it doesn't seem to be there.......
Also, will tax records from abroad work as proof of income instead of local salary receipts or monotributo?

steveinbsas said:
Attorney posted that proof of income for that particular visa was not required.

Actually, he said it is required.

Attorney said:
decreto 1169 renewals require either salary receipts or monotributo payment receipts. You do need to show you have an income.

The question is whether migraciones accept proof of foreign income. And sometimes they do, but it is decided on case by case basis.

igor said:
Actually, he said it is required.

The question is whether migraciones accept proof of foreign income. And sometimes they do, but it is decided on case by case basis.

Igor, You are right about Attorney's post concerning the income requirement for the descreta 1169. Was he referring to income in Argentina? I think so, but I would appreciate a clarification. Are any expats from the USA or Europe eligible for this type of visa?

After rereading the requirements on the migraciones website, I am still reasonably certain that the visa rentista requires proof of "stable" foreign income in every case. They also require proof that the income continues at each annual renewal. Do you know of any exceptions?

When you say it is decides on a "case by case basis" do you mean each and every individual visa or are you referring to the general requirements for the different types of visas?

I have yet to meet anyone here who has indicated they have the visa pensionada, but I think it requires proof on continuing income as well. Perhaps not so many seniors from the US can afford to live here without the benefits of medicare (as well as other seniors from countries with subsidized "quality" health care), but some with deeper pockets probably do. I think they would have to continue to "prove" their income at each renewal as well.

thanks so much for the link with the requirements!

two years ago i was not asked to show proof of income or to have a bank account here to renew the decreto 1169 residency.

as for income, i go to the states 3 months of the year and work on a w2, pay my taxes there and then live here the rest of the year on those earnings.

i told migraciones this last time and they were fine with it, apparently they just wanted to know that i wasn't working illegally here.

but now i'm wondering if my us tax records will be valid as proof of income.

In case anyone else is trying to figure out the same thing here is my latest info...

I went to immigration today and they said that my "salary receipts" or my tax records from the US would be fine as proof of income BUT they would have to have an "apostille" from the states and then be translated. On top of that they want to see records of bank withdrawls here to prove that I am actually using that money to live here and not just leaving it in the bank there. With these two things in hand they would then have me sign a statement that says that I'm not working here and these would all add up to proof of "medios licitos de vida".

However, they took one look at my 8 mo. pregnant belly and advised me to skip all that and come back with the birth certificate and dni of the baby and finalize my residency that way. Apparently I would still be renewing within the decreto 1169 and not have to redo the US birth certificate or the FBI papers. This is also a valid way for the father to finalize his residency - even though we are not married.

Back