Defensa Del Consumidor Hearing

kitaat

Registered
As a follow-up to my dispute with Hertz Argentina, I have a hearing scheduled with the Defensa del Consumidor next week. My credit card has refused to pay the ridiculous, jacked-up charges (yay). However, they have suggested that I attend this meeting nonetheless.

Unfortunately I'm still in Chile on business, although I will try to get back to Argentina to attend. If any of you have any insight into the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

1) If I am not able to attend, will the matter still be adjudicated? I did submit a substantial witness statement in advance. Or is this a situation where if a party to the action doesn't show up, it's a default forfeit to the other side?

2) This meeting has been on the cards for about six weeks now. Is it possible/feasible in Argentina to get the hearing pushed back by about a week or two?

3) If necessary, can I engage a lawyer to attend for me? Is that allowed in this quasi-arbitration situation? If that is allowed (and required in my absence), I might go that route.

Thanks in advance.

I would do what the card company said to do or hire an attorney. my thoughts if I were you.

My advice is to contact defensoria del turista, which deals with specific situations like yours.

Back