Dell Computer Crapped Out...

Newsjunkie

Registered
Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this. Two weeks into Argentina and my fairly new Dell computer crapped out. At first I thought that the hard drive went south, but after literally an hour of troubleshooting with a Dell representative it was determined that my motherboard!!! was acting up and needed to be replaced. To make a hellish story short, I was lucky that Dell services computers in Argentina - depending on your warranty - at no extra cost and I was able to secure a motherboard replacement from Dell US.

If you own a Dell and for some reason your computer dies, it might be worth a shot to call Dell US via skype (1800 numbers are free) and see if something can be done in Argentina. I truly hope that no one else goes through the nightmare I went through, but if you do I hope this can be helpful.

Dell has some good computers but their lower end stuff has some low end components. It is great that you were able to get it serviced here. That is not something that is easily done. Although many people have had good experiences with Apple repairs in the local stores here, they have never been helpful to me on the 4 different occasions that I had to use them.

I've only good things to say about dell.

I had a top of the range laptop i used as a desktop replacement, unfortunately these were all built around the same time nvidia / ati etc all had manufacturing problems.

So my graphics card on my laptop broke numerous times and each time they sent someone out to replace it until i demanded that they actually do something about the problem.

They escalated me up to someone in panama who said that they couldn't actually replace my laptop with another laptop due to import rules in Argentina.

They eventually replaced it with a top of the range desktop that would have cost me a stupid amount of money here.

Anyone who has a Dell should make sure that they keep their next day repair warranty up and extend them for as long as they can.

Who knows you might get a brand new pc for a replacement on a 4 year old laptop!

My Argentine gf has a dell computer and she bought it with a warranty (ofc an argentine warranty. They were very nice with here and sent a tech the next day. They even told her if its her motherboard then they will send send her a new comp from the us. Thank god it wasnt the mother board but they were very nice and fixed it right away. I am not sure what your warranty is but dell treated her as a valued customer. I hope they do the same for anyone with problems

My Dell that i bought in Holland about 3 years ago has a broken Battery. Refuses to charge. It's outside the warranty, so i hope they'll be able to send me a replacement in Argentina :/

Back