Democrats Abroad In Argentina For Bernie Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the organizing kickoff of the BERNIE 2020 campaign.

What does this have to do with Argentina? Shouldn't we be talking about elections here in ARGENTINA?

this is the "world politics" forum...

Obviously, there are many expats from the USA living in Argentina and some of them vote in the US elections, especially the presidential election, so the "world politics" forum is an appropriate place to talk about the candidates.

Besides, expats with residency cannot vote for president in Argentina. Only citizens can do that, so our opinions about who should be president aren't going to affect the outcome of that vote in any way.

PS: I will start paying more attention.to this topic when Hillary officially announces that she is running again (for president, not just off at the mouth).

Last edited:
PS2: And when HRC does announce that she is running, all the other candidates, including Bernie, can forget about it.

Even though he is likely to be the most popular candidate, he's more than likely to be cheated out of the nomination...again.

And, if history repeats itself, any money left in his campaign coffers will go to her.

Last edited:
I look forward to the free stuff uncle bernie promises....and as the democrat feeding frenzy heats up, more promises of free stuff will be made like feeding raw meat to piranha. I want the "free money even if I don't want to work for it" dems are blathering about.
But relax, Trump had until noon, 1//20/2025 to straighten out the mess the USA is in.

And, if history repeats itself, any money left in his campaign coffers will go to her.

Actually, it didn't and I'll be the first to correct that as it was too late to edit the last post after I double checked and found that as of December, 2018 he still had almost five million dollars left in his campaign fund:

"According to the FEC the Sander 2016 campaign raised 237.7 million and disbursed 233.0 million, leaving 4.7 million cash on hand as of Dec 2018.

I can't imagine that he gave it to the DNC, as Sanders is not a Democrat.

According to Investopedia funds remaining at the conclusion of a campaign are:

Permissible Uses
The contributions can be used in the following ways:​
  • Donations to charities, as long as the candidate doesn’t receive compensation from the organizations and the donation is not used by the charity to benefit the candidate.
  • A donation of a maximum of $2000 to another presidential candidate.
  • Unlimited transfers to a local, state or national political party committee.
  • Donations to state and local candidates or transfer to a future election campaign committee of the same candidate (Bernie Sanders transferred $1.5 million collected from his Senate campaign committee to his presidential committee).
So presumably whatever funds remained are likely to be transferred to his 2020 campaign."

source: https://politics.stackexchange.com/...s-do-with-all-the-cash-from-his-2016-campaign

PS: What Hillary got that she didn't deserve were all the delegates to the Democratic National Convention that should have been his...

...as well as a pass from the FBI and the DOJ for violating the Espionage Act...and so on...

Last edited:
I will not be surprised if disgusting HRC runs again and dems lose again. Dems are no different from republicans. They are the same, except that dems lie and pretend that they are different.

If Bernie does not get his act together and run as an Independent he certainly will be cheated again and lose again. Mark my words! It is time for Bernie to stop corporate welfare handouts and bailouts hundreds of Billions freebies for the 1% thieves. It is time for the gazillionaires to pay taxes like the rest of us (let alone getting paid tax credits. Highway robbery no shame). It is time for a Roosevelt "New Deal".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back