Demystifying american expats rants

I lived in Capital Federal for over four years. I rarely ate in restaurants (less than once a month) and rarely bought clothes there (a few purchases at Zara taught me a lesson).

While living in CF I bought clothes and shoes on ebay USA (Boss, Zegna, Polo, Ralph Lauren, Macy's, Bruno Magli, etc.) and brought them back to Argentina when returning from trips to the US. I also ate in restaurants as often as possible when in the US, even though I had the use of fully equipped kitchens where I was there.

As far as I am concerned, the clothes and restaurant fare in the US are clearly superior to that which is available in Argentina, but my life here (now that I'm out of the city) is vastly superior to the life I knew in the US (Chicago and Park City) or Sayulita, Mexico. It's that simple, at least for me, and it's nothing to rant about.

www.argentineart.blogspot.com (something to rave about)

AlexfromLA said:
Buying nice clothes isn't pretentious.

But okay. I really don't care much about clothes anyway. I dress nice and I dress casual and I dress sporty. At the end of the day i'm still the same person.

Now back to food talk. I really really miss American food right about now :(
Awwww, and you have only been here a couple of months! Well, if you like Domino´s / Pizza Hut style pepperoni pizza, you should be happy getting a pepperoni pan pizza here: ( it is very very similar, we are actually planning on pigging out on these next weekend ) http://puntopizza.com.ar/
Thank me later ;)

AlexfromLA said:
lol

who except old people shop at jc penny these days

ahahaha

dude upgrade yourself

Prada, Hugo Boss, D & G

The average argentinian dresses in old jeans and a t shirt, and im sure the average american dresses in something similar when out casually going to the grocery store etc.

There is business attire, formal attire, club attire, casual attire, sport attire etc. If you haven't learned the difference by now, I am guessing you really dont know how to dress.
Ha....He's in Buffalo. That is not the fashion capitol of North America, ya know.

This is what I miss

hodad-burger-fries.jpg

krispy-kreme-hot-fresh-donuts.jpg

nikad said:
Awwww, and you have only been here a couple of months! Well, if you like Domino´s / Pizza Hut style pepperoni pizza, you should be happy getting a pepperoni pan pizza here: ( it is very very similar, we are actually planning on pigging out on these next weekend ) http://puntopizza.com.ar/
Thank me later ;)

You think they do delivery outside of the barrio?

steveinbsas said:
I lived in Capital Federal for over four years. I rarely ate in restaurants (less than once a month) and rarely bought clothes there (a few purchases at Zara taught me a lesson).

While living in CF I bought clothes and shoes on ebay USA (Boss, Zegna, Polo, Ralph Lauren, Macy's, Bruno Magli, etc.) and brought them back to Argentina when returning from trips to the US. I also ate in restaurants as often as possible when in the US, even though I had the use of fully equipped kitchens where I was there.

As far as I am concerned, the clothes and restaurant fare in the US are clearly superior to that which is available in Argentina, but my life here (now that I'm out of the city) is vastly superior to the life I knew in the US (Chicago and Park City) or Sayulita, Mexico. It's that simple, at least for me, and it's nothing to rant about.

www.argentineart.blogspot.com (something to rave about)

One of the strange harmonicly dissonant truths about living in Argentina as an expat!!!!!!!

Haha,

Where on earth would you wear Zegna in Argentina ? No seriously ?

And if you're going to buy Zegna, why buy off the rack ? Isn't the whole point of EZ to buy Bespoke ?

About the only thing I would buy from EZ off the rack would be their ties.
steveinbsas said:
While living in CF I bought clothes and shoes on ebay USA (Boss, Zegna, Polo, Ralph Lauren, Macy's, Bruno Magli, etc.) and brought them back to Argentina when returning from trips to the US.

AlexfromLA said:
Haha,

Where on earth would you wear Zegna in Argentina ? No seriously ?

And if you're going to buy Zegna, why buy off the rack ? Isn't the whole point of EZ to buy Bespoke ?

About the only thing I would buy from EZ off the rack would be their ties.

The Zena I bought was a cashmere hound's tooth sport coat. It was perfect for Recoleta.

I bought it off the rack (NWT but also with a small defect that disappeared when I had the sleeve shortened slightly), but I did not buy it at at Zena. I bought it at the Salvation Army in San Francisco...for five -dollars (during a Friday half-price sale).

I paid three times that for a Zegna tie...on ebay.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahah!

Back