Demystifying american expats rants

mini said:
NOOoooooooo!!! Please don't make me make doughnuts.... :(

lol whut ? ;)

tumblr_komvcjHnQU1qzkneco1_500.jpg

AlexfromLA said:
Lol, It's too bad they don't teach things like that at the " jockey club ".

;)

I was in Sardinia the week that subject was covered, and never got the class notes.

Now, I must say it hurts to see my well-intentioned help so badly received. I thought you did not know where people who wear Zegna like to gather, and tried to steer you in the right direction. I'd invite you to the Jockey myself, but unfortunately my guest quota for this month is full.
;).

SaraSara said:
I was in Sardinia the week that subject was covered, and never got the class notes.

I am hurt to see my well-intentioned help so badly received. I thought you did not know where people who wear Zegna like to gather, and tried to steer you in the right direction. I'd invite you to the Jockey myself, but unfortunately my guest quota for this month is full.;).

That's okay. I've been invited before by family friends. But I don't personally find things like that very interesting. I am in my 20's Sara. Maybe when I'm much older I'll bother to worry about status.

Thanks though. I appreciate it ;)

SaraSara said:

Now, I must say it hurts to see my well-intentioned help so badly received. I thought you did not know where people who wear Zegna like to gather, and tried to steer you in the right direction. I'd invite you to the Jockey myself, but unfortunately my guest quota for this month is full.
;).
Interesting place, that Jockey Club. Been there several times. I'm used to upscale club type places, but for some reason that place seems out of place or something....I just can't figure out what makes me feel uneasy there. I know this doesn't make sense, it's like the place is haunted.
Maybe it's the ghost of Evita.

ghost said:
Interesting place, that Jockey Club. Been there several times. I'm used to upscale club type places, but for some reason that place seems out of place or something....I just can't figure out what makes me feel uneasy there. I know this doesn't make sense, it's like the place is haunted.
Maybe it's the ghost of Evita.

I know what you mean - feels like stepping into the time machine. The library is good, though.

just got off the phone with my assistant,who is an American born Argentinian.He had to go back to L.A. for a family emergency,and while he hasnt been out of the US for too long,he was going on and about how the grocery stores had "food everywhere" and how amazing Houston's tasted,and was planning on hitting Carney's on Ventura Blvd (lucky bastard!) and Claim Jumpers

haha

thanks for rubbing it in man.

I would kill for a Carney's chili dog right about now. That used to be the late night spot.

The Houston's in the Valley isn't that good though. The one in Manhattan Beach is much better.

BKK to BA said:
just got off the phone with my assistant,who is an American born Argentinian.He had to go back to L.A. for a family emergency,and while he hasnt been out of the US for too long,he was going on and about how the grocery stores had "food everywhere" and how amazing Houston's tasted,and was planning on hitting Carney's on Ventura Blvd (lucky bastard!) and Claim Jumpers

qwerty said:
You think they do delivery outside of the barrio?
I really don´t know, where are you? You can always ask and see what happens. I think at the one store on Laprida they have some tables and TV as well.

Back