Demystifying american expats rants

honestly though, you can't even begin to compare Argentinian food to American food. Argentinians have one thing going for them, the quality of their beef. That's it. American food is just so decadent, abundant and diverse it's on a whole other level.

That is what I miss the most when I am in Argentina, the American food :eek:

anybody ever seen Man V Food ??

OMFG. That show and the food showcased on it is amazing.

There are billions of things Argentina lacks vs USA. I'm no stupid.
But food is subjective. You can compare and decide what you want. Simple.
My friend here doesn't eat vegetables. Nothing green. So his view is obviously subject to his taste. That's just an example.
I'm not used to american taste. So I am entitled to compare and decide what I like.
There is no better or worse here. If you like the chicken wing dip we were served here, ok. I think it's a bowl of fat with spices. And it is actually that! But I can leave it to perspective if you want ;)

billsfan said:
There are billions of things Argentina lacks vs USA. I'm no stupid.
But food is subjective. You can compare and decide what you want. Simple.
My friend here doesn't eat vegetables. Nothing green. So his view is obviously subject to his taste. That's just an example.
I'm not used to american taste. So I am entitled to compare and decide what I like.
There is no better or worse here. If you like the chicken wing dip we were served here, ok. I think it's a bowl of fat with spices. And it is actually that! But I can leave it to perspective if you want ;)
Your comparitive universe is way too small. There is no American food. It's food from everywhere in the world and it's done on world class scale and rated by world class chefs. You simply need to expand a little. Restaurants with white paper table cloths are not the benchmark. And Buffalo is not a culinary capitol. Demographicaly you have a city of 300K vs 16MM. However there are a surprising number of 5 star restos there. If you want some names just ask. Been there and met allot of really nice people. And a University that kicks UBAs butt all day long.

No, you FAIL.

American food PWNS bland ass Argentinian food ANY day of the week. It's pizza pasta or parilla and thats basically it. And it's all bland. It's okay though because Argentinians have a bland palette and it works for them. No salt, no butter, no spice, no pepper, no chili, no zest, no fusion.

They've been serving the same damn thing for 300 years, with no innovation whatsoever.

America is a melting pot of nationalities and it encompasses and fuses just about every single culture and it's food into it's own. We seek out the best the world has to offer and to top it off we go balls to the wall and make it better. We set trends, we don't follow them. Argentina is not like that, that's just a simple culinary fact.

But you can disagree.

Hahaha!! That's absolutly amazing from you people. You really can't be second in anything. I guess that's something to salute.
Glad I got you going... There was really no other way this would end ;)

ghost said:
And a University that kicks UBAs butt all day long.

Who mentioned college infraestructure?? I'm sure it's got nicer buildings and everything, nobody questions that.

billsfan said:
Hahaha!! That's absolutly amazing from you people. You really can't be second in anything. I guess that's something to salute.
Glad I got you going... There was really no other way this would end ;)
You are correct.
Now go out and find some Beef on Weck, then go have some nice Thai food.

AlexfromLA said:
No salt, no butter, no spice, no pepper, no chili, no zest, no fusion.

I'll give you that. American diner's food is salt, butter, spices, chilli.. and then some other minor ingredients.

No there really wasn't. If you wanted to argue the quality of your top grade beef, you might have had a chance, but you chose to actually debate the diversity of Argentinian food ( hahahahahaha ).

You could argue many things i'm sure, but cuisine isn't one of them. American food is global, Argentinian food is barely regional. BTW, our BBQ is better too.

ghost said:
You are correct.
Now go out and find some Beef on Weck, then go have some nice Thai food.

I actually was recommended some thai food near Rochester. And some indian place also. Can't wait ;)

Back