Demystifying american expats rants

LAtoBA said:
Also, it's summer in the US now.......wool is typically a winter thing for us, so that's another reason they could have been eyeballing you rather oddly. Asking for wool in the summer, at least from an American's point of view, is pretty unusual.

OK, but you do understand that natural fibers like wool are fresher than polyester.

billsfan said:
I'm no restaurant owner, but they probably just play it safe. Hence the food you see in the menu. You can't have all the variety of the world in one place.
I was just saying, I know a lot of argentine people that enjoy different type of food... and they cook it.
But if you feel ok thinking you are some sort of prophet in BA, explaining the locals how life in paradise is... then be my guest.

Typical Argentine :D

AlexfromLA said:
lol

who except old people shop at jc penny these days

ahahaha

dude upgrade yourself

Prada, Hugo Boss, D & G

The average argentinian dresses in old jeans and a t shirt, and im sure the average american dresses in something similar when out casually going to the grocery store etc.

There is business attire, formal attire, club attire, casual attire, sport attire etc. If you haven't learned the difference by now, I am guessing you really dont know how to dress.

Dude. Relax. Again with the pretending.
First: I've no idea what different places to shop for clothes here exist. I just look around.
Second: Havent seen any of Prada, Hugo or Dolce here. Maybe I walk to fast, I don't know.
Third: I'm not a pretentious like you are. I could not care less about fashion or brand "upgrades". I just shop for what I like and what I (ME) thinks it good. You probably go with the flow and the fashionable brands.
Forth: I know what the different attires are, thanks for asking.
Fifth: Anyone with more money than me (most people, including you and your pretentiousness) can have a more diverse wardrobe (spell?) and I accept it.

Anybody who knows me knows I am anything but pretentious.

You on the other hand.....lol

billsfan said:
Also, went shopping for some dress pants... man, only Ralph Lauren's got some decent wool pants

billsfan said:
I'm not a pretentious like you are.

But if you want quality clothing in the US, you really need to shop at better department stores. That's not being pretentious, thats being practical.

billsfan said:
I'm no restaurant owner, but they probably just play it safe. Hence the food you see in the menu. You can't have all the variety of the world in one place.
I was just saying, I know a lot of argentine people that enjoy different type of food... and they cook it.
But if you feel ok thinking you are some sort of prophet in BA, explaining the locals how life in paradise is... then be my guest.

I have a few friends in the USA who own restaurants and change the menu's every week or 2

if you don't think things like this taste good, you really should not comment about food, lol

http://www.thefoundryonmelrose.com/menu.html

Buying nice clothes isn't pretentious.

But okay. I really don't care much about clothes anyway. I dress nice and I dress casual and I dress sporty. At the end of the day i'm still the same person.

Now back to food talk. I really really miss American food right about now :(

Back