Denied exit 2 Arrested US passenger

scotttswan said:
Its the only country that go mental when you suggest banning guns. I'm sure there are lots of Americans who don't have this view but from personal experience many Americans will passionately defend their right to own a gun.
"The ONLY country"????
I guess you don't know many Aussies or Swiss folks and there is a rather long list of countries that allow citizens to own fire arms. Argentina is one of them.
However "go mental" is a pretty juvenile expression when referring to the potential removal of a constitutional right.
Now, if you want to talk about dangerous weapons. I submit that if you're driving down Libertador playing with your crack berry the question of you killing someone is not if , It Is When.
[Disclosure: I do not currently own a gun]

ghost said:
"The ONLY country"????
I guess you don't know many Aussies or Swiss folks and there is a rather long list of countries that allow citizens to own fire arms. Argentina is one of them.
However "go mental" is a pretty juvenile expression when referring to the potential removal of a constitutional right.
Now, if you want to talk about dangerous weapons. I submit that if you're driving down Libertador playing with your crack berry the question of you killing someone is not if , It Is When.
[Disclosure: I do not currently own a gun]

In Croatia you can own a gun (semi-automatic) or a hunting rifle. But, it's heavy licensed. Like in most of Europe

You can own sports, hunting and trophy guns. Heavily licensed and usually no permission to carry

Bradly and Hannstew, your comparisons fall flat. Cars and cameras are made to do a variety of useful things, handguns are made to do a single thing: kill people. So, should the US government stop regulating hand grenades? Claymore mines? Other antipersonnel mines? Comparing my list of weapons to handguns is no more ridiculous than comparing handguns to cars or cameras.

kurtdillard said:
handguns are made to do a single thing: kill people.

I have to disagree with you Kurt, I have many guns but have never killed anyone.

There are certain towns in the US that have a law stating that you must bear arms. In Kennesaw, GA, they passed such a law and the crime rate dropped 89% and then sustained that level. Here's an interesting article on it....cool stuff.

http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

And let's be honest, 4 thousand kids being accidentally & fatally wounded every year is still a reasonable number.

It doesn't really matter the weapons available today are not exactly the same as 220 years ago, it's written in the US Constitution indeed

Back