Dental implants.

nlaruccia

Registered
I have to get an molar implant done and I was reading previous threads for recommendations. I've had root canals done in Swiss Medical in the clinic on Av. Santa Fe and was happy. When I heard that I had to get an implant done I started to search for qualified doctors and began to look on the webpage of: Sociedad Argentina de Cirugia y Traumatologia Buco Maxilofacial
http://www.sacbmf.org.ar/index4.php?IDM=4&IDSM=11&IDN=56

There are actually very few in Argentina that are certified to do surgery. I asked around a lot and couldn't find anyone that made me comfortable. A lot of my friends come to Argentina from the States to get dental work done and I finally found one that I can honestly recommend. My best friend has had several implants done by Dr. Lucas Varalli, who's board certified, and loves the guy. I went to the consultation and besides feeling that he knew what he was doing, was honest with his prices, he was very funny and we spent a good twenty minutes telling jokes. He speaks some English as well. The bad side? I found out that in Argentina that can't give you laughing gas like they can in the States. It can be really tough to find and nerve wracking finding a good doctor; especially if the procedure you're going to get is extremely expensive. I'm curious to know if anyone else has ever used Dr. Lucas Varalli. I'll keep you updated on the progress of his work since the place where my crown fell out is really infected and he'll have to do an extract and a lot more work. Anyway, I'm really pleased with him so far as is my friend who recommended him to me.

Hello all,

I went to my new doctor for the tooth extraction. Everything went well, it only took him half an hour, and I get really scared before seeing the dentist but he kept making jokes and new how to calm me down. I found him to be very thorough in giving me all the necessary precautions to take and he gave me his cell phone and told me to call him if it hurts a lot and ibuprofeno o paracetamol doesn't work. Will see him in two weeks for a check up. So far so good!

I am in the same situation, my previous incident meant I have crowns in the front, and now I need full tooth extraction and an implant/new crown. The couple places I have gone to have told me that it can't be done since I'm leaving to the states in a couple weeks. Does anyone know of a good surgeon for a second opinion? I highly dislike the idea of being without a front tooth for two weeks.

Dr Pelcman Sante fe 3444 #10A 4821 3734, 4821 9070
I have had 3 crowns done by him and son, Tom has had implants done. We are happy with the work, looks good, feels good.
Nancy

This place was recommended to me a while back. I have not personally been but I did reach out to them and they were quick to respond. You may want to get in touch with them. http://www.ranalli.com.ar/

Sam3g, are you coming back? Thy can put in the implant and give you a temp crown. The implant needs to be in for 3 months before they put the permanent crown on. I also use and like Pelcman.

Would love to hear any more recommendations. We're looking for a dentist for teeth cleaning and maybe wisdom tooth extraction (any experience with that here?) with a dentist covered by Medicus.

Highly recomend
Alejandro Nicosia
Belgrano 4554-6627.
Many implants and bridges and about everything else, mouth overloading my ass in another life.
If considering dental work, any dentist, would suggest asking what adhesives and fixtures they are using. Talked to Alejandro awhile back and he is having problems getting quality adhesives for crowns and stuff for implants because of import restrictions. His were all imported from Germany. YMMV.

I've been quoted $3000 pesos and up for a root extraction, implant, and crown. This is far cheaper than the US ($4000US and up). I would love to do it here but we are not planning on being back for at least a year...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
citygirl Expat Life 24
S Expat Life 12
Johnny Expat Life 7
T Expat Life 0
artigas Expat Life 47
Back