Dental implants.

Hello Forum :)
Question ?
Was wondering if anyone knows ? Does Dr Pelcman do " Immediate Loading Implants ? "

I had a Front Tooth done this way once in San Francisco years ago . I broke off a front tooth off auto accident
and at UCSF they removed the Remainder IE the Root of the Tooth , Drilled out the area a bit jawbone I expect
and installed a Titanium Post all at the same visit . Then about 1 month later or perhaps 2 months I forget .
A mold was made and a Crown that screwed / bolted to Post on the back side was installed . To this day never a problem with the Implant in any way . Doctor was Hieu D Pham MD Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and he still works their today in fact I believe . I think this was done about 2002 I forget the cost but it was done at discount as I had MediCal at the time and was low income . MediCal does not pay for such work . I think I paid something like $2,000
Best part was the " Immediate Loading Implants " (1) remove old tooth and install Post all same day (2) make a Mold for the crown they have a Lab same building (3) install Crown and that's it all done simple and Fast .
As I remember the tooth was removed and post installed in 1 hour . Installing the crown was some Min's only .
I forget how long to make the mold perhaps 45 mins.
You must have good Jawbones / bone structure in order to have Immediate Loading Implants that's a must.

From my experience I have a on hands experience so to speak why Immediate Loading Implants can be cost effective . Its TIME or rather the lack of time involved to do such a Immediate Loading Implants . They are Fast and they work and don't need replacement baring a accidental event .
If you have good Jawbones I would consider such .
Wife has poor Jawbones and most likely well bone graft for implants I expect . All her front teeth need implants

Here is an update on Omaha NE pricing of dental implants, just an FYI. Sadly, I had to leave Argentina this year for family reasons and at the time wasn’t aware I would have to have this done.

$5300 was what I paid the oral surgeon yesterday for one abscessed large molar extraction and a dental implant in its place as well as a dental implant next to it from a tooth I had extracted last year in Argentina - yesterday was under IV sedation. The extracted spot needed some bone grafting but the other did not. The two crowns will be $3300 total.

Here is an update on Omaha NE pricing of dental implants, just an FYI. Sadly, I had to leave Argentina this year for family reasons and at the time wasn’t aware I would have to have this done.

$5300 was what I paid the oral surgeon yesterday for one abscessed large molar extraction and a dental implant in its place as well as a dental implant next to it from a tooth I had extracted last year in Argentina - yesterday was under IV sedation. The extracted spot needed some bone grafting but the other did not. The two crowns will be $3300 total.
Holy shit! That is ridiculous, even though I think that is more or less what my wife paid a few years back in Atlanta. How many houses/mansions does that oral surgeon have in the Caribbean and elsewhere? And we wonder why health care costs are so high in the US.

Actually I got two other quotes that were much higher and people tell me that in New York and LA it’s even higher than that.

So about $4300 complete for each large molar

Whenever Possible ask / Look for / a Doctor who is familiar with " Immediate loading implants " they are so much better " when possible with good Jaw Bone Structure . Read about them and develop a understanding for them .
If they are possible you can save a huge amount of Money and Time this way
They are Fast ( I have one ) They are much less invasive partly because they are fast . With Less time with
Immediate loading implants naturally its less money . Not Everyone can be so lucky to have good Jaw Bone's
Just saying
My Personal Experience is when asking about the possibility a doctor well look at you with that possibility in mind
And I feel this is a good approach

so what's the typical price in Argentina for the implant (NOT including the crown)?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
citygirl Expat Life 24
S Expat Life 12
Johnny Expat Life 7
T Expat Life 0
artigas Expat Life 47
Back