Dentist recommendation

Hello Stella,

Noticed in your other thread (Any Expats?) it sounds like you're getting a lot of dental work done in BA when down.

I need a crown (that insurance refuses to cover).

May I ask who the dentist is that you'll be using, contact info, approx pricing quoted for work?

Thx

Hi dsc,

Would be more than happy to give you the information. I have had dental work done by this dentist 1 1/2 years ago on my first visit to BA. He is a family dentist of my husband. He is located on Av.Sante Fe. I will locate the information and send it to you tomorrow. I do know I was quoted AR $650 for a crown. Depending on the dollar at the time this is under $200.00. You will not be disappointed....that is why I am having more dental work performed. It is 1/3 of the cost it is here in the U.S.

I will get you the information tomorrow.

:)

I, too, would be grateful if you'd post it, Stella.

A cleaning would be $100 pesos. No way you would pay dollars for that.

Hola,

My dentist is Dr. Carlos Maria Condomi Alcorta at Av. Santa Fe 1970, Piso 6B. Telephone: 4811-9353. If you do call, tell Silvana (the receptionist) that Gayle and Carlos Barberis from the U.S. who are returning for dental work recommended him. He is my husband's family dentist and just mention the price I quoted for a crown and say you are a friend and you will be treated the same.

It is the state-of-the-art operation. I have not had dental work in the U.S. since because I am so pleased with him and his associates. Never had a dentist in the U.S. (and I have had many) that compares to Dr. Carlos Maria and his associates.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Saludo,

Hola,

Check out my answer on the forum. Let me know if you need more info.

Stella said:
Are you a porteño?

Thx for the info, Stella.

I'll call Dr. Alcorta when I'm down later this year, which is looking to be November.

Soy Canadiense :)

Hello Canada,

I will let Dr. Carlos Maria know. Do you speak Spanish....if not, ask to speak first to Dr. Sanchez.

Ingles es mi lengua madre, so it's best I ask for Dr Sanchez first, thx.

Back