Dentist - Should I Go Or Should I Wait?

Drs Pelcman are great for implants etc, but general care not so good (i.e. teeth cleaning).
Nancy

totally agree. had to walk out of the teeth cleaning.

However, he did awesome job on my root canal under a crown

Does anyone have a great dental hygienist that they can recommend?
Nancy

Dr. Pelzman is charging me US$1,000 for implant and crown $600/$400. He screwed in the implant this trip I will come back next March or April for the crown. The implant was completely painless, I woke up the following morning with no soreness at all. A friend of mine recently had an implant and crown done for him in the States for over $7,000. While here Dr. Pelcman (the younger) also did a cleaning and bleaching. (US$150) It was not much more unpleasant an experience than with my dental hygienist of many years. Maybe she was horrible and I just didn't realize it. I didn't make this trip for dental work, but the savings on what I would have had to do anyway more than paid for my month's apartment rental and round trip airfare.

Dr. Pelzman is charging me US$1,000 for implant and crown $600/$400. \

That seems CRAZY expensive. So approximately 1600 USD or 25000 pesos. Wow and wow again.

ETA I get it's a lot cheaper than in the US but I mean crazy expensive in comparison to what dental prices generally are here.

That seems CRAZY expensive. So approximately 1600 USD or 25000 pesos. Wow and wow again.

ETA I get it's a lot cheaper than in the US but I mean crazy expensive in comparison to what dental prices generally are here.
That's 1/4 of Seattle, USA prices. And, he does REALLY good work.
Nancy

I've been quoted by many dentists $1.000 US or more for an implant because it's imported. I had a crown done at Swiss Medical and paid around $2,000 or $3,000 pesos and it only lasted a few years because it was an Argentine crown.

That's 1/4 of Seattle, USA prices. And, he does REALLY good work.
Nancy

I have all my bills from 2008-2012 for a lot of different dental work and surgery done by Dr. Pelcman including about 7 implants with crowns. In 2007, I paid $US550 for each implant INCLUDING its crown. By 2010, his fee for these increased by $US50 to $US600 for each implant and its crown.

Very surprised to hear that he is now charging $US 1,600 for each implant and crown. That's 2.67 times more than what I was paying! Of course, it's always better to learn first-hand from the dentist what his fees are. Nonetheless, I very much appreciate 'Fangar's' telling us what he paid.

Back