depilación definitivo/laser hair removal

lauren

Registered
I've got a list about 20 places long for laser hair removal in B.A. before I tackle this list, does anyone have any experience with it here? I know its a big hair removal culture so I figure they do it well. I had my underarms done in NYC and love the results.

I would also like to know this...I use an epilator now, but would love to get something more permanent done. And, as I have really fair skin and dark hair, laser should be the thing? How much do you think it will cost here in BsAs? Underarm, bikinline and legs?

It costs much less than in the developed world, and they have the same good treatments. Hopefully within a few days I can get back to you with some referral.

That would be great! But doesn't anyone know aprox how much it costs? So I know if it's even worth checking in to.

If anyone has any experience with laser hairremoval in general, I would like to hear from you as well! For example, if you have just a couple of treatments: will this have any noticeable effect (like you only have 50% of your hair), or do you have to take the complete treatment for it to have any effect? i don't know if I have time for 5-8 treatments with so many weeks/months between each..

Kyra said:
That would be great! But doesn't anyone know aprox how much it costs? So I know if it's even worth checking in to.

If anyone has any experience with laser hairremoval in general, I would like to hear from you as well! For example, if you have just a couple of treatments: will this have any noticeable effect (like you only have 50% of your hair), or do you have to take the complete treatment for it to have any effect? i don't know if I have time for 5-8 treatments with so many weeks/months between each..

I had underarms and bikiniline done, I went once or twice a year, 6 times in total. You can not wax (i don't remember exactly) 6 weeks in advance and you can not have sun 1 month before and after. Best period to do it is spring, as you have result from the 1st time (you can skip a few waxing treatments). In hurts like hell :eek: but then what is 6 times compared to a monthly wax for years and years.. It only works well if you have dark hair. No blonds or red hairs. The darker the less treatments.

I paid 300 euro (in Europe) each time. I didn't get my legs done as that woulf have cost me 600 euro each leg each time... I had it done by a dermatologist.
I can certainly recommend doing it!

I just went and got a few quotes. A place in Ricoletta said it would be 150 pesos for underarms, 200 pesos for bikini area, and 850 pesos for both legs- top to bottom. This is per session and would take 4-10 sessions- they would not know until they started. There was also a 20% discount right now- so subtract that from the quote. They tried the laser on me- and it did not hurt at all! www.lasermedsa.com.ar

I got a few other quotes as well- they were more expensive.

SheilaBesse: That really doesn't sound to bad. Have you checked out some references or reviews regarding this specific place? I really don't want to get my skin damaged.

And hey: maybe we could get like a group discount or something :D

I just got two contacts from a local friend. She said said she paid ARS 1000 for unlimited bikini. I.e. she can go as many times as needed until its gone.
Laser: 4789 0800

In both places, she said you need to bargain and pay with a credit card to get a discount.

I went to a place in Ricoletta. They have two other locations- downtown and in Olivos. It was super fast and very effective. I paid 120 pesos for my under arms. I was out in less than ten minutes. It only hurt a tad bit towards the end. Even after one time of going, I have to shave only 1 time per week instead of every day. I will probably only have to go one or two more times..... totally worth it!!!!

www.lasermed.com

Oh, I really want to do this...but I'm afraid they will burn me, specially in the bikini-area. I'm not afraid of pain, but I'm afraid of getting scars..

Back