Desperately seeking employment

Sara Davies

Registered
Hello there,
Along with many other expats I am searching for work here in Buenos Aires. I'm a native English speaker from the UK with teaching experience, so teaching English is always an option.

My work history is located in the artworld, I've worked at Christie's auction house, Gagosian Gallery and Frieze Art Fair. So I have a fair bit of experience of the different areas within this world. I would love to break into the art scene here. However, I am very much open to other possibilities because at the moment earning a wage is the priority. I would be extremely grateful for any recommendations on where to look for work and to hear about any current openings for English speakers who speak Spanish to a high standard and fluent French.
Many thanks
Sara

Why not try sending your CV to all the Spanish Schools and Study Abroad Organisations? As in looking for work in the office/student coordinator etc. That's what I did and I found work pretty quickly after sending out a bunch of CVs. They are always looking for native english speakers and it's a fun industry to work in. Good luck!

Sara Davies said:
Hello there,
Along with many other expats I am searching for work here in Buenos Aires. I'm a native English speaker from the UK with teaching experience, so teaching English is always an option.

My work history is located in the artworld, I've worked at Christie's auction house, Gagosian Gallery and Frieze Art Fair. So I have a fair bit of experience of the different areas within this world. I would love to break into the art scene here. However, I am very much open to other possibilities because at the moment earning a wage is the priority. I would be extremely grateful for any recommendations on where to look for work and to hear about any current openings for English speakers who speak Spanish to a high standard and fluent French.
Many thanks
Sara

This is something I know about. Earning a wage in the art biz in BA is very difficult. The biggest gallery (on Florida) that catered to tourists closed over a year ago. All of the sales staff (beautiful young women) were Argentine and they all spoke very good English. If you think Argentine art would sell well in Europe (and have some good connections) please contact me. Perhaps we can work together.

Back