Did Bus Fares Increase?

pitipur

Registered
Don't recall hearing anything about it, but took the bus yesterday and I asked for $1.60 and was charged $2.70, and the driver said something I didn't understand, so I'm assuming there was some sort of fare increase?

They announced it last month. There was a thread on it here somewhere. The minimum now is $2.50. You didn't hear much about it because it was the national government who increased it not Macri. If Macri had done it then everyone would have acted like the world was ending.

You missed jonniewalker's post on Dec 27 with the Clarin announcement.

http://baexpats.org/topic/28637-city-bus-fares-going-up-after-112014/

If you use the bus without the SUBE card, the fare is 5 pesos.

They announced it last month. There was a thread on it here somewhere. The minimum now is $2.50. You didn't hear much about it because it was the national government who increased it not Macri. If Macri had done it then everyone would have acted like the world was ending.

I will not throw myself into a political debate here, but I recall detailed reports about the 2014 increases on all TV-channels before New Year's. Clarin also wrote about it.

And Macri is going to increase the subte to 4.50

Like I said, misinformation when it comes to Macri.

En ese sentido, explicó que "para el trabajador o estudiante que realiza cuarenta y cuatro viajes mensuales se le descontarán de la tarjeta 4,50 pesos por cada uno de los primeros 20 viajes, 3,60 pesos para los siguientes diez, 3,15 pesos para los otros diez y 2,70 pesos para los restantes cuatro viajes, lo que da una tarifa promedio mensual de 3,83 pesos por viaje".

There's more details on the internet like here: http://www.perfil.com/politica/El-Gobierno-porteo-volveria-a-aumentar-la-tarifa-del-subte-si-otra-vez-20140103-0034.html

Matias, I thought you understood Spanish? Or is it that you like spreading misinformation about PRO and Macri?

Anyway, both bus and subte fares are still extremely low. For subte they're dangerously low. You can't expect proper maintenance on $3,50 or even $4,50.

Thanks all! I agree that the fares are still extremely low (especially when compared to some of the American public transit fares that Im used to) -- was just surprised I hadn't heard anything about it!

I will not throw myself into a political debate here, but I recall detailed reports about the 2014 increases on all TV-channels before New Year's. Clarin also wrote about it.

Wasn't talking about the TV-channels. I was referring to protests that erupt every time the city government has increased the subte fares. Metrovias letting people through at peak hours for free because "the increase is unfair and wrong"!!!! Or something "end of the world" sounding.

http://www.cadena3.com/contenido/2012/01/07/90511.asp

To be clear, I don't think either increase is wrong. It is still dead cheap.

Thanks all! I agree that the fares are still extremely low (especially when compared to some of the American public transit fares that Im used to) -- was just surprised I hadn't heard anything about it!

You can't just start a thread and expect to get just the information you wanted without any political analysis and then be done with it. I made sure this thread wasn't going to be just 2 posts long. :D

Back