How much did your meal cost?

sergio

Registered
Could people chime in about how much they are spending on restaurants these days? It would help if you'd state the name of the restaurant, whether lunch or dinner, what you ate and drank and of course prices.

This is what I have noticed. There is one dish at a restaurant which I go to often. Back in January 4500 pesos, March 7500 pesos, April 8000 and now 9000 pesos. All things being equal, Blue dollar is about the same as it was in January.

Thai/Viet restaurant Cang Tin in Palermo Hollywood for dinner yesterday. I ordered an appetizer (pork nems), Pad Thai with Chicken and a generously poured glass of house red wine for 27,000 (plus tip). The portion was large enough that I had leftovers today for dinner.

Thai/Viet restaurant Cang Tin in Palermo Hollywood for dinner yesterday. I ordered an appetizer (pork nems), Pad Thai with Chicken and a generously poured glass of house red wine for 27,000 (plus tip). The portion was large enough that I had leftovers today for dinner.
So it was enough to have shared?

Could people chime in about how much they are spending on restaurants these days? It would help if you'd state the name of the restaurant, whether lunch or dinner, what you ate and drank and of course prices.
To make it short: Detailed info, too time consuming.

Breakfast Bonafide: medium coffee plus 1 medialuna $3000
Lunch BEIO Recoleta: Menu Ejecutivo, Main Course plus drink and dessert $10,000
A la carte Parrilla B:A Grill: or similar $22,000 Ojo de bife 350 grs. plus glass of wine. per person.

Never order appetizer, dessert or coffee, split a bottle of water...!

Last edited:
So it was enough to have shared?
It depends on your appetite, really. For me, yes. My friend and I typically share an appetizer and entree here. But some might not find it shareable depending on how much they normally eat. If I'm wanting leftovers, I'll get my own plate and take half home. The dishes are noodle dishes or come with rice so I find they're fairly filling. It's a casual place, nothing too fancy.

$25 USD for a Nando’s in Saudi Arabia was my last meal.
Between 13 and 18 bucks for a beer in Dubai.

Argentina still cheap 😀

Back