Different Air Fare Prices For Booking Within/out Argentina?

we also get the same deal but opposite.. if we are booking a return to australia from here its a huge amount less than if we book it from australia!

Both of my tests were EZE-MIA-PHL. When I used Argentina as my country of residence the fare was ~ $300US higher than if I used the US as my country of residence.

This is definitely the 20% surcharge. You can see this on the page where you need to enter flight details - click on "Show Trip Details" before the passenger info.

I just looked for a flight and with my AA account in the US, it was $1248 + $199.62 in taxes ($1447.62 total)
For my wife with her AA Account in Argentina $1248 + $435.72 in taxes ($1683.72 total).

With the blue rate it would still make sense to book the flight with her account and credit card, costing us around $1102.

Recently looked at flights Dublin to Buenos Aires return for next May. Worked out at US$900 once I started my trip in Dublin. But when I looked out of curiosity how much the same flight, same date and airline would cost if I started in BA and flew to Dublin return, it cost US$1900!!

US$1000 more! It was like this with every airline. I'm just lucky my flights always start in Dublin…

Back