Different brazil visa problem

jenr

Registered
I am leaving for Brazil April 2nd and can't get an appointment with the BsAs embassy in time to get a visa. Does anyone know if the consulate in Iguazu still does same day visas? I am thinking of flying there to get a visa, since I am meeting my boyfriend in Rio and don't want to leave him stuck there alone. But I also don't want to get to Iguazu and find out I can't get it there either. Are there visa expediting services in Argentina like there are in the US?? At this point I am willing to pay, I really need a visa!

jenr said:
I am leaving for Brazil April 2nd and can't get an appointment with the BsAs embassy in time to get a visa. Does anyone know if the consulate in Iguazu still does same day visas? I am thinking of flying there to get a visa, since I am meeting my boyfriend in Rio and don't want to leave him stuck there alone. But I also don't want to get to Iguazu and find out I can't get it there either. Are there visa expediting services in Argentina like there are in the US?? At this point I am willing to pay, I really need a visa!

Reportedly, you can get a visa the same day during business hours in Puerto Iguazú. I don't have any experience doing this, however.

I lived in Puerto Iguazú for 2½ years and probably went over to Brasil 150 times - the only time I ever bothered to stop at the Brasilian check-point was when I was going to fly out of SP and actually needed the entry stamp. It's the same story coming back across from Foz to Puerto. So if you plan on leaving the country and returning to Puerto, you really DON'T need a visa!

I did get 'caught' once, on a bus, when the police came aboard and actually did more than a cursory check. I told them I lived in Puerto Iguazu and had never been asked at the Brasilian border before - they told me not to do it again.

Obviously better to get one if you can, but it really is the slackest border crossing in the world.

Why don't you go to th Brasilian consulate at Carlos Pelligrini1383 (between Juncal y Arroyo) on Monday morning? I got a visa there in Jan, 2009 and an appointment wasn't necessary.

Some of Japaneses get easily in Puerto Iguazu and Encarnacion.
Good luck!

The Brazilain Consulate in BsAs will takae around 3 - 4 business days to issue the visa, that is if all your paperwork is in order (ticket in/out of country, proof of funds etc)
In Puerto Iguazu you can get a visa in a day. You MUST go first thing in the morning and it will be done by that afternoon. Although I dont think they are open Sunday (??) not sure but it is the better option if you need a visa quickly and hassle free.

Back