Digital Nomad Visa

frio1981

Registered
Hi all, I've seen online that Argentina may have a Digital Nomad Visa. Does anyone know how to apply for it please?

My company allows me to work abroad for up to 3 weeks in a year - but I need to prove that I have the right to work in the location I'm visiting. So coming in as a tourist is not an option unfortunately.

you should search the forum.

it's not going to be an option for you and makes zero sense for 3 weeks

You could be the pioneer. I don't think anyone has actually gotten one of these.

you should search the forum.

it's not going to be an option for you and makes zero sense for 3 weeks
Why isn't it an option?

I can't see any links to the application portal or otherwise

thats because its mostly been all talk and an announcement, nobody has a clue if it works or even what the impacts are, if you read the thread.

like everything in this country, there will be headaches and delays. by the time you get it figured out, you will be going back.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, however, is there generally a preference as to arriving in AEP or EZE for digital nomads? I will be coming there for just over 12 weeks (under 90 days) fairly soon and I am a bit nervous about bringing 2 laptops and other peripheral tech (iPad or two, Nintendo Switch, PS5 controllers). Having previously flown into and out of EZE, AEP seems much more convenient for getting back and forth from.

In either case, do I need to register my tech with customs upon arrival at AEP/EZE?

Hi all, I've seen online that Argentina may have a Digital Nomad Visa. Does anyone know how to apply for it please?

My company allows me to work abroad for up to 3 weeks in a year - but I need to prove that I have the right to work in the location I'm visiting. So coming in as a tourist is not an option unfortunately.

You can apply for the six-month Argentina digital nomad visa on the government of Argentina's website. There is also a six month extension available (although that doesn't apply to your case, if you'd only be staying a few weeks of your allowed six months).

AEP seems much more convenient for getting back and forth from.
It is like 20 minutes taxi ride difference. After 10 hours flight it is not an issue at all. Besides, only a few international companies fly to AEP. Mostly Brazilian.

In either case, do I need to register my tech with customs upon arrival at AEP/EZE?
Why would you want to do this? Do you believe they will not allow you to leave the country with 2 iPads and the Nintendo Switch? There are no controls on exit.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, however, is there generally a preference as to arriving in AEP or EZE for digital nomads? I will be coming there for just over 12 weeks (under 90 days) fairly soon and I am a bit nervous about bringing 2 laptops and other peripheral tech (iPad or two, Nintendo Switch, PS5 controllers). Having previously flown into and out of EZE, AEP seems much more convenient for getting back and forth from.

there are very few flights arriving international to AEP. you likely will arrive into EZE.

It is like 20 minutes taxi ride difference. After 10 hours flight it is not an issue at all. Besides, only a few international companies fly to AEP. Mostly Brazilian.

Why would you want to do this? Do you believe they will not allow you to leave the country with 2 iPads and the Nintendo Switch? There are no controls on exit.

I figured it would be cheaper and quicker - I paid $60 for my EZE to Microcentro transfer and soon realised that was pretty overpriced. Also, when trying to return to EZE on my flight back, many Ubers wouldn’t accept the ride or would accept and reject when nearby, whereas I feel that might be less likely if I leave via AEP. Basically to mitigate the stress of getting a taxi to the airport as I was very stressed when I was struggling to get a taxi to EZE in time to fly home

I’m conscious that if I fly in with a lot of tech - specifically 2 laptops and a few other bits of tech - that they may want me to have a digital nomad visa or that there would be concerns that I’d be selling them on or planning to stay longer term - which isn’t the case

Back