Dill, Where To Find Some

Big Al

Registered
anyone know what dill is called here, I thought its eneldo but my local verduleria doesnt know what the hell eneldo is.

dill.jpg

Haha - Dieteticas will know what Eneldo is, but most do not carry it. You are going to have to resort to Mercado Libre for searches - or possibly the Mercado Modelo in Belgrano. It is not a common spice for Argentines to use!

I haven't bought it lately but have usually found it in the Chinese grocery in the 2100 block of Arribeños in Chinatown and in a verduleria in the Recoleta arcade in the 1500 block of Rodriguez Peña. In the verduleria you have to ask for it. It is called eneldo.

Chinatown grocery stores have it as does the verdularia en the mercado de juramento.

I bought some in China town last week. They have a few other hard to find herbs too.

Yes, what about Cilantro? for guacamole ?
Cilantro is not hard to find at all, almost all the verdulerias have them, I buy them all the time. You have to ask for it, they almost never put it out.

I got some at Casa China not long ago and I believe I saw some at Wal-Mart a while back. Cilantro is much easier, you just have to ask directly for it.

P.S.: Some people might refer to dill as "aneto".

The name of the market is Casa China. It'snon the main street with the other stores & restaurants. Just follow the crowd. It's kinda in the middle, won't have to walk too far. You'll notice bins of dried grains/beans/rice in the window. It's also a great place to get seasonings, etc.. that's hard to find in the city. It'll become your new favorite place too :) If you're a fish eater, there is a place that sales good fish pretty cheap compared elsewhere. It's on the same main street, just follow your nose lol. PM if you have any other questions.

Back