Dilma's Speech & Coup D'etat In Brasil...?

RodolfoWalsh:
I agree.The last paragraph is the clincher When Temer starts talking to the Congress about fiscal austerity which resisted milder reforms by Mrs.Rousseff.like" a pension system that rewards Brazilian seniors more than their counterparts in Japan.This pension system was not initiated but inherited by the PT
.Let's see the reception this gets from Temer's own party legislators when he suggests it to them.It should make for a very elucidating session
.I doubt if this will happen this year though.

RodolfoWalsh:
This pension system was not initiated but inherited by the PT

Never mind that fact that between 1990-2002 that same PT blocked ANY attempt to reform such unsustainable pension system. Never mind that fact that between 2002-2016, that same PT while in power, made no attempt whatsoever to reform such an unsustainable system. If anything, they actually made it even more unsustainable.
But I agree that Temer lacks both the charisma and the political capital to push through such reforms.

Camberiu:
I'm glad that you agree with me on Temer's rather poor chances of pushing through changes..
However,the PT did in fact try google:
1) Brazil Proposes Changing Pension Plan System to Save Money. The Wall Street Journal June 18,2015
2) The Economist, Tick,Tock- March 24,2012

No it did not.

PT press Dilma to shelve the pension reform

Which she did.

And Dilma only considered making modest reform after 2012, when it was evident that the social security system was going to blow up on her lap, since back then no one thought she would be impeached. But those changes were never put to vote in congress.

The Populist groups here on C5N consider the Coup against Dilma by an action of the Right Wing Oligarchy
So they said were the attempted Coup against Morales in Bolivia, Paraguay Coup , Ecuador Coup, Honduras Coup, and Venezuela.ongoing Coup..!!

The Populist groups here on C5N consider the Coup against Dilma by an action of the Right Wing Oligarchy

The man on the left is Marcelo Odebrecht. Networth: US$4.5 billion. Charged, arrested and sentenced for corruption as an outcome of the Lava-jato investigation. He is as "Oligarchy" as it gets and made lots and lots and lots of money from the PT regime.
2014121218408.jpg

The man on the left is Eike Baptista, once the 8th richest man in the world and the richiest in South America. His network peaked at US$30 billion. He is as "oligarchy" as it gets. The Lula/Dilma regime lent him US$4 billion in bellow market rate, subsidized loans. He is now bankrupt and the tax payer will foot the bill for the unplaid loans.

eike_dilma.jpg

Camberiu.
Maybe Temer won't be forced to shelve it after all..He has asked for proposals to adjust the pension system within 30 days.
The unions ,however,will only accept adjustments for "workers just entering the labor market".This could be an interesting loop hole to work on.
My main interest in this is that Brazil move forward.If Temer can do it .OK go for it.

Back