Direct Tv Superpack Bundles W/ Arnet Or Speedy?

syngirl

Registered
We have no phone in our new place, so want to put one in -- this gives us the opportunity to maybe change our internet/cable from Fibertel/Cablevision. Wondering whether anyone has taken the bundles from DirectTV -- how's the internet? If I have to choose between Arnet or Speedy which is the better of the two evils? [help me, i'm scared :S ]

(no seriously, I'm a little scared to leave the comfort of fibertel but the other companies offering bundles seem to have much better deals and feel like we're paying ridiculous amounts on our bill right now for kind of crappy net and not even paying for hd right now

I thought since Arnet is a service of Telecom and Speedy of Telefonica, you can only choose one that matches your phone line provider. And you can have only one telephone provider depending on what side of avenida Cordoba you are on. No? Can Arnet use Telefonica wires?

DirecTV blows when there's a storm, rains, clowds, wind, flying frogs, meteorite showers or their signal is not in the mood/minor headaches.

DSL is no match for cable internet. AND you must make sure that the line you get is up to the task.
Same as with the Telcos, the country is pretty much divided in areas when it comes to DSL ISP. Picking the "other" company ISP while using your region wiring is a perfect recipee for endless frustration.

Heartly suggest you ask your neighbors, their experience is priceless.

I thought since Arnet is a service of Telecom and Speedy of Telefonica, you can only choose one that matches your phone line provider. And you can have only one telephone provider depending on what side of avenida Cordoba you are on. No? Can Arnet use Telefonica wires?

Hmmm not sure if that is the case now or not. We moved in and the owners obviously used to have telecentro but had cancelled all service (the house had been empty 3 mos before we moved in, last bill of theirs was sitting here). So we have no house line right now. Transferred our fibertel/cablevision when we moved but was thinking maybe since we want a phone line in that it was good opportunity to get a better price on something via a bundle... Maybe it's not the greatest option and we just have to contract phone apart and leave fibertel. Signal does not seem that good here, though package is same as we had before...

try telecentro imo, arnet is by phone and phone sucks sometimes..

What does Telecentro use, cable?

yes sir.

this is the bundle atm

• TeleCentro Todo en Uno, el paquete ideal para satisfacer todas tus necesidades de comunicación y entretenimiento.

Televisión + Internet + Telefonía = $259

Agreed, I would go for a cable service any day having experienced Arnet and DirecTV.

thanks, will look into it -- i thought that my mother in law had the telecentro package though and isn't happy with neither the internet nor the cable (her cable signal is fuzzy, which would explain also why internet sucky -- maybe it is just a problem with the cabling in her building / box something as explained on one of the other threads recently....)

Back