Directions to San Isidro

IMissChipotle

Registered
Hey all, is there a train that runs to San Isidro, or is it a walkable distance from Palermo? I can't find anything on the interwebz so I came here.

Thanks

I am only in BsAs for November, but I know the following because a local friend & I went to Tigre this last weekend..

Hop on a #29 bus on Guemes westbound. We hopped on at Salguero but it comes along Guemes further from the east (but don't ask me how far).

It goes along Sante Fe & then goes north. It'll come to a train station.

Get off there and get your ticket to San Isidro.

Someone more knowledgeable about BsAs can fill you in better, but those are the basics..

IMissChipotle said:
Hey all, is there a train that runs to San Isidro, or is it a walkable distance from Palermo? I can't find anything on the interwebz so I came here.

Thanks

Where exactly in Palermo are you located at?

IMissChipotle said:
kike

right near Plaza Italia. So close to the Las Canitas area.

Ok,

You can walk up to Av. Luis Maria Campos (maybe 2 blocks from where you live)

There, get on the 29 bus heading North.(there's 2 options for that one: Olivos and Parque Sarmiento= It doesn't matter which)

Ride up to Barrancas de Belgrano. (7 minute ride) and take the Train (TBA) that goes to Tigre. Ask for a "boleto de ida y vuelta" (2 way ticket) to San Isidro. San Isidro is the 6th stop. (one after Acassusso)

There's a "nicer" way to get to San Isidro.

Do the bus thing (60 line or 59 line, this one to La Lucila) but up to Estacion del Tren de la Costa in the Olivos neighbourhood. (25 minute ride from the place you are at). This stop is also called Estacion Mitre en Olivos.

You'll see a bridge "over" Av.Maipu: there you need to get off the bus, get on to the escalators and you'll be in Estacion Olivos del Tren de la Costa. There, get a 2 way ticket to Estacion San Isidro.(15' ride)

Good luck.

I,d like to see you walk from Palermo.it,d take you a week!!!take the Tigre train and it takes 35 mins to san isidro from Retiro....

Or just take the train from the station next to the hipodromo - (lisandro de la torre)it will put you in downtown San Isidro. It's 1.75 pesos (maso, can't remember the exact amount)

when you get off the train,walk forward,cross the train line,that,s Calle Belgrano(the main street)and if you continue along there you,ll pass the cathedral,more or less,and then Tren De La Costa. and it,s lovely there,,,Sat and Sun best for markets,,,

Back