Dishwasher

Redbeanz

Registered
Does anyone have suggestions about where to buy a dishwasher? I'm looking for a place with reliable brands at reasonable prices.

Thanks for your help.

I'm looking for a place with reliable brands at reasonable prices.

The US or Europe maybe?

Seriously though, the normal retailers like Fravega, Musimundo etc. Instead of looking online try to visit a few stores to see if there is antyhing not on the online store. Carrefour or another supermarket perhaps, then of course Mercadolibre to maybe find a deal from a more independant seller.

The truth is you are unlikely to find a bargain, so it really is finding somewhere that might have the model you want for a couple of hundred pesos less, nothing more. I found a real bargain with mine though, completely free, and with other benefits... I call her the wife 3201 superwash.

Oh, what a sexist I am although I should conclude that I do the dishes really before my wife does actually read this ;)

We bought an LG, like it a lot. Look for a brand that is made, and has parts in Argentina.
Nancy

Because if it's made in Argentina you will need parts. Soon. However if it's only assembled here you might get lucky. Do not let the maid anywhere near it. They consider it to be a job threat.

Speaking of appliances how does Gafa compare to the new Siams and Coventrys etc for fridges?

I bought a Gafa top freezer/bottom fridge (a gnat's ass over 400 liters if I remember correctly), and a horizontal freezer (the wide one, don't remember how many liters), last month. 6900 pesos for the combo freezer/fridge and 5000 for the freezer. They are both doing a great job (although pretty much anything will last a month!). The combo doesn't have an anti-frost freezer but it's not doing bad with accumulation so far. I don't know anyone else who's bought Gafa yet, so I was taking a bit of a risk, but so far, so good.

The prices were very similar for Siam, but I don't remember seeing Coventry.

I had a Whirlpool (I believe it was almost 500 liters - quite a bit bigger than the Gafa) combo that I bought in 2008 and it lasted about 3 years before I started having problems. I'd urge anyone to not buy anything that wasn't assembled here (I believe Whirlpool was imported from Brasil), and to not buy complicated equipment. I bought the no anti-frost freezer last month because it's a simpler system and doesn't have all the valves and such that are needed to regulate the temperature and moisture int he frost-frees. I never did get the Whirlpool fixed correctly - lack of parts, lack of expertise available, etc. Three years of trying to get it fixed and then the refrigerator completely going warm (the valve from freezer to fridge again!) made me realize - buy local and buy simple.

On the dishwashers, we have 5 members in our immediate family (with a number of visitors here and there) and we would often have to do two loads to get everything in, so we often ended up washing a lot by hand anyway, and then finally gave up on the dishwasher all together. I've never seen such a small, nearly useless appliance as the dishwasher we had in our other apartment and when I was looking at fridges I didn't see anything in dishwashers that looked any bigger. Of course, then again, without decent-sized sinks to soak, wash and rinse dishes, hand washing dishes isn't all that fun either...

Thanks, have you read about the fridges using the R600 gas that supposedly makes the unit more efficient and better for the environment? Wonder what sort of maintenance it requires.. Most people seem to think Gafa is decent for the price.

http://www.electropuntonet.com/lista/productos/Lavavajillas/15

We bought a Gafa refrigerator/freezer 3 months ago. Love it. Very reasonably priced, great size and doing a tremendous job. But as The Cheese said you can't really judge reliability after 3 months, but i've heard nothing but good things before buying and so far so good.

Back