DNI application

steveinbsas said:
If you only can read English the official governement sites provided in the previous two posts might not be much use to you at this point...

I remember when I could read but not understand them very well.

I suggest you use the search feature of this forum and read as much as possible about these topics here...and then ask as many questions as you like.

My first post in this forum was in a thread I started with a question about the DNI. :)
Steve, the links I provided are in English (even though the tags are Spanish).

surfing said:
Steve, the links I provided are in English (even though the tags are Spanish).

I see that now...the link in the other post leads to the Spanish page.

Thanks

I hope the individual who started this thread will still research the topics here. I had no idea what an Apostille was or how to get documents translated and legalized when I first arrived. The answer to most, if not all questions regarding temporary visas and the DNI as well as permanent residency and citizenship are already here.

One note of caution; Older posts may contain obsolete information.

steveinbsas said:
I see that now...the link in the other post leads to the Spanish page.

Thanks

I hope the individual who started this thread will still research the topics here. I had no idea what an Apostille was or how to get documents translated and legalized when I first arrived. The answer to most, if not all questions regarding temporary visas and the DNI as well as permanent residency and citizenship are already here.

One note of caution; Older posts may contain obsolete information.
or even obscene;)

It's a pain in the ass. We got our DNI after 4 months and 3 trips to immigration. The bad part is we were basically along for the ride as we had service do all the red tape. If you think the USA has issues wait till you go through this process. If you like hassle, redtape and needing to do things many times you will love this. I do have a few words of advice: Make multiple copies of everything official, they lost copies of documents for us 3 times!!! Verify appts to the best of your ability, they also lose the reservations.

buddha said:
It's a pain in the ass. We got our DNI after 4 months and 3 trips to immigration. The bad part is we were basically along for the ride as we had service do all the red tape. If you think the USA has issues wait till you go through this process. If you like hassle, redtape and needing to do things many times you will love this. I do have a few words of advice: Make multiple copies of everything official, they lost copies of documents for us 3 times!!! Verify appts to the best of your ability, they also lose the reservations.

How much did you pay for the service to do all the red tape and what exactly did they do "for" you?

I wonder if an Argentine could get residency in the USA as easily as I did in Argentina.

I arrived in Argentina for the first time (as a tourist with no plan to stay) in early May of 2006. By late October I was granted residency. It required two trips to migraciones, but they were easy and enjoyable as I was accompanied by my beautiful friend Patricia from Uruguay...who understands migraciones even better than most Argentine lawyers and still only charges $200 USD for one or two "visits" to migraciones. A second trip isn't always necessary. I was her first client (in 2006)...after firing the attorney who knew nothing about the process. My Argentine girlfriend insisted I use him.

@steveinbsas Hi! I m about to begin the whole permanent residency process. Does your friend Patricia still do this? I don't speak spanish so definetly would use some assistance. If yes, than please could you provide her email? (as for my background - me and my fiancee came to argentina couple of months ago and 3 weeks ago our child was born, here in BA so we can apply as he's argentinian citizen)
Thanks!

kosta said:
@steveinbsas Hi! I m about to begin the whole permanent residency process. Does your friend Patricia still do this? I don't speak spanish so definetly would use some assistance. If yes, than please could you provide her email? (as for my background - me and my fiancee came to argentina couple of months ago and 3 weeks ago our child was born, here in BA so we can apply as he's argentinian citizen)
Thanks!

Patricia is a member here now. Her user name is patriciafromuruguay.

I'll send you her phone number as soon as your mailbox is activated...You can also send her a message.

She has two girls that were born in Argentina. She knows exactly what you need to do.

Back