DNI LIST (the queso grande of all DNI questions for US citizens)

KatharineAnn said:
. As far as I understand, a company actually must be registered with immigrations in order to hire you and process your work visa. I guess this is to force the company to "prove" that they need to hire a foreigner for this position as it cannot be done, or cannot be done as well, by an Argentine.

That's correct. To the OP - did you confirm the company is registered? (they probably are if they're an int'l company). Have they issued you an offer letter? You do realize its not legal to work until the process is finished which can take quite a while? Is the company okay with that?

I've updated the first post in this thread with great info, check it out!

sam3g said:
I've updated the first post in this thread with great info, check it out!

Thanks for updating your post. Sorry to learn that you are leaving for good.

Just want to add that the birth certificate is no longer required.

The "latest" requirements for resident visas can be found on the official migraciones website. Here is the link to the page in English:

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?nomercosur_temporaria

Hey Steve -- Is this true for permanent residency applicants as well? On the page, it says I need it. Is this based on posts here, or did someone at DNM tell you otherwise? Thanks in advance.

bradlyhale said:
Hey Steve -- Is this true for permanent residency applicants as well? On the page, it says I need it. Is this based on posts here, or did someone at DNM tell you otherwise? Thanks in advance.

If you are applying for permanent residency on the third renewal of temporary residency you do not have to provide a copy of your birth certificate.

That is based on my own experience.

When applying for a work visa with a company sponsoring you (aka they provide a contract and have proof of being registerd with afip and renure), you do NOT need your birth certificate. I have been doing this process during the last month and they did not ask me for this when I went to Migraciones.

Back