DNI Question

ghost said:
Carmen oes good work and is well worth speaking to. And her fees are very reasonable.

I did not know that Carmen charges a fee, but the advice she provided in her posts (for free) was very good.

I started my residency/DNI application whilst living in Spain, although I am a UK citizen.
It's a long process but achievable in the end. The criminal record aspect, correct me if I'm wrong is to confirm that your record is clear in your MAIN country of residence and the country from which you originate (UK in my case). I simply wrote to the Police HQ in the UK area I used to live, they sent me a form which i filled out and sent back. The reply was something like 'no records held pertaining to xxxxx' etc.
I'm sure your new wife will be able to assist you as did mine. There are agencies of course, but beware the fees.
Not much help really, but something.

Gringoboy said:
I started my residency/DNI application whilst living in Spain, although I am a UK citizen.
It's a long process but achievable in the end. The criminal record aspect, correct me if I'm wrong is to confirm that your record is clear in your MAIN country of residence and the country from which you originate (UK in my case). I simply wrote to the Police HQ in the UK area I used to live, they sent me a form which i filled out and sent back. The reply was something like 'no records held pertaining to xxxxx' etc.
I'm sure your new wife will be able to assist you as did mine. There are agencies of course, but beware the fees.
Not much help really, but something.

Thanks for this information.

Was the report from your local Police HQ accepted by migraciones in Argentina?

My "local" police report was accepted in 2006 but recent pots by those from the USA indicate an FBI report is now the only one migraciones will accept.

When translated into Spanish (can't remember if apostilled), yes it was. That was Oct 2005 of course and I was doing my 'tramite' the other way round as I was living in Spain at the time, so doing the whole process via the Arg consulate in Barcelona, who once all was 'rubber stamped' gave me several envelopes James Bond style, not to be opened but delivered to customs at Ezeiza.
Pretty straightforward, a lot of legwork and it got me in the groove for later tramites to come; which in a sense was good training :)

thinny skinney some of you are.....hostile you are having a jiraffff.Just thought that if this bloke wife is from here why don't she contact the relavant departments and ask their advice,sure they will be helpful for one of their own???????????

mini and conifer how do you manage with tramites when you come out with statements like he never immigrated to his own country and i don't know how to immigrate to my own country......lighten up don't let the stress get to you....cuidate,suerte

maybe you should have made inquires in UK about visas as it is reasonably simple to get one there if you comply with the requirments,you need a police check if the application is in UK.As for the dni I needed my resdencia permanente,legalized birth c

certificate,FCO in London,translated and appostled here plus original certificate of domicilio....but they can ask for anything if they feel like haveing a laugh...

this keyboard does it's own thing
stevey thanks for the vote of confidance....your a jem....suerte

Back