DNI Turno

I was just there last month and was missing my FBI fingerprint report applying for a Tunos. You need two copies of everything I got another appointment for the 19 but my FBI fingerprint card was rejected not clear enough have to get another and send it back again. This also make my other criminal report from here expires the end of this month so I have to get another one. If you are applying then I would suggest get a copy of all the forms you need they have a printed sheet. When you get appointment it is 15 days from when you call. You can not just walk in now they have a system that only allows a certain number of people. Good Luck

GGC said:
I was just there last month and was missing my FBI fingerprint report applying for a Tunos. You need two copies of everything I got another appointment for the 19 but my FBI fingerprint card was rejected not clear enough have to get another and send it back again. This also make my other criminal report from here expires the end of this month so I have to get another one. If you are applying then I would suggest get a copy of all the forms you need they have a printed sheet. When you get appointment it is 15 days from when you call. You can not just walk in now they have a system that only allows a certain number of people. Good Luck

This thread is about the DNI and you are referring to applying for your visa at migraciones. It's easy to get confused as even some of those offering "professional" assistance refer to getting the "DNI residency" in Argentina.

A resident visa must first be obtained from migraciones and only then will the DNI be issued at the registro. The paperwork required for the DNI (when I applied for mine) are the visa issued by migraciones, a certificado de domicillo, and passport. The registro may also ask for a certified copy of your birth certificate (with the seal of the Apostille, translated and legalized in Argentina). Make photocopies of everything as well.

The real problem right now is that they are giving appointments for Sept 2010 (last I checked).

There is an expedited process which takes 30days but I don't know the details and I don't know if its available to us foreigners without some kind of representation, like a lawyer. Usually it takes much much longer.

Regarding the turno, the registron naciona's website says:
OFICINA DE TOMA DE TRAMITES DE DNI DE CIUDADANOS EXTRANJEROS

Esta oficina ubicada en Calle 25 de Mayo 155 – Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, atiende exclusivamente con turnos previos, los que se deben solicitar en forma personal, de lunes a viernes de 6 a 9 y de 17 a 22 hs.
Los turnos otorgados para gestionar el DNI son estrictamente personales, no pudiéndose transferir a otros ciudadanos bajo ningún concepto. En caso de no poder ser utilizados por quienes los obtuvieron, se pierden indefectiblemente, debiendo solicitarse nuevo turno.

Assuming thats true, which it may or may not be, you would have to go in person to get your appointment. I hope this helps.

Right - I saw that on their site which is why I was baffled when the guy gave me a number to call instead of directing me where to go to get a turno (when I went in person yesterday). Although it could have been because I went at 10 and not from 6-9. Thanks nonetheless.

Both entrances? I've seen only the one door on 25 de Mayo. Is there another way in? Maybe with shorter lines?

Back