DNI - Ventanilla Unica

Ashley

Registered
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience getting their DNI through the new(ish) "Ventanilla Unica" option - Where it's sent through to you automatically when you apply for your residency (and you don't have to get it done separately somewhere else).
I applied for my permanent residency and DNI in June and was just wondering if anyone had done the same this year and how long it took for their DNI to come through...I'm not expecting mine to arrive soon as immigrations requested some further paperwork from me in August so the visa didn't actually get started until September but the online tracker seems pretty useless and it would be nice to have a rough idea...

I got my residency and DNI in 29 days from the date of filing. But, I got my residency because I have an argentine spouse, not sure if that = getting processed for the DNI much faster.

wow...that was quick. I'm also applied for residency because of an Argentine spouse but its been over a month since I last handed in the remaining paperwork. Did you pay a lawyer to file (i head that some guarantee to get your dni in a month) or did you do it all yourself?

we did everything ourselves. No lawyer, just everything in order with the right translations. We had everything together with accompanying photocopies of every document

when we got there the first time, a monday, we hadn't translated my passport, so the guy gave us 48 hrs to get it done or we'd have to book another turno. We went back on the weds, he didn't even make us pull a number, he just called us over when he saw us and put it all through.

What was the documentation you were missing?

but the day that you filed did you not get a printout of your Residencia Precaria right then and there?

I went to my turno in May with all the documentation and was given my precaria there and then. Then, a couple of weeks later I got a letter asking for a new UK police report (apparently the original was invalid as I'd returned to the UK after it had been issued). Everything was finally handed in mid-September and though I have had to renew my precaria once, there has still been no sign of the DNI...It's only been a month though.

@Ashley; I was wondering if you had to have your UK passport translated too?
We've already sent both my husband's birth certificate and disclosure to a legal translator to have them translated, but all the posts we've found so far claim no translation is needed to apply for Argentinian residence when the passport is a British one? (we're applying on the grounds of his being married to a local citizen too)
Any input most appreciated!:)

I applied for a work visa in July and got the precaria the day of, plus I paid for the DNI. They said I should expect my DNI in two months. Now the precaria is expired but according to the website, everything is on track as it should be.

gatoverde said:
@Ashley; I was wondering if you had to have your UK passport translated too?
We've already sent both my husband's birth certificate and disclosure to a legal translator to have them translated, but all the posts we've found so far claim no translation is needed to apply for Argentinian residence when the passport is a British one? (we're applying on the grounds of his being married to a local citizen too)
Any input most appreciated!:)

Yes...I'm not sure what you mean by disclosure, but I had to get a translation of my birth certificate (apostilled), police report (appostilled) and passport (every page has to be translated too...even if it's blank. Then the translations have to be "legalised" in the Colegio de traductores...

oh well :( Thanks anyway! yeah, I'm quite familiar with the translation process being a legal translator myself haha although this time I've had to hire a colleague for the obvious reasons.
Disclosure is the Scottish equivalent of your police report-a couple of Scottish expats told us Migraciones here accepted them alright, it's just we were wondering about the Passport part as there seems to be different requirements all the time-unsurprisingly enough though :D
Cheers again!

Ashley said:
Yes...I'm not sure what you mean by disclosure, but I had to get a translation of my birth certificate (apostilled), police report (appostilled) and passport (every page has to be translated too...even if it's blank. Then the translations have to be "legalised" in the Colegio de traductores...

Back