Do Argentine companies offer paperless billing?

pagosmiscuentas is Banelco.
my bank is Banco Nacion, which is LINK, not Banelco.
Hence, it wont work for me.

In the USA, I went online to my bank website, and, five minutes later, I have the ability to pay bills or have regular debits taken out of my account.
This is inconceivable at Banco Nacion.

Since I am not a citizen, with no DNI, I cannot get a bank account at HSBC or a similar private bank.

So, in my case, it is much much more advanced and simpler in the USA than in Argentina.
Part of this, of course, is because I am just a part time resident with no DNI.
But part of it is how crazily complicated things are here.
The Banco Nacion system to pay online is case sensitive, and require unique and mysterious codigos for each factura, some of which are unrelated to any number on your paper factura, some of which change monthly.
It aint simple, believe me.

@Ries, change to Banco Frances, which is on the Banelco network and ties to PagoMisCuentas for bill pay. All you need is a CDI number from AFIP to open an account. I helped a friend open one a few months ago.

Personally, I have everything on direct-debit from my bank account (electricity, gas, cable, phone, cell phones), and only use PagoMisCuentas to pay AFIP and the ABL.

So it looks like the end result is that paperless billing is available, but it depends on the service. Seems like the major service providers (AySa, Metrogas, Telecom) do not offer it, though Cablevision does.

Thanks everyone.

Back