Do Birth and Marriage Certificates Expire for PR Applications?

PajaritoOtoñal

Registered
Title! :)

For permanent residency:

1) Is there an expiration for when the birth certificate itself was issued?
2) Is there an expiration for when the birth certificate was apostilled?
1) Is there an expiration for when the marriage certificate itself was issued?
1) Is there an expiration for when the marriage certificate was apostilled?

By "issued", I mean that my family's birth certificates say "Date Issued" which is roughly the date they were printed and mailed, not the date the births were first registered with the county/state. Our marriage certificate has something similar.

The only datapoint I have is this thread where one commenter says that birth certificate apostilles don't expire but I can't find anything on the other three. I've looked through various Argentine consulate pages and they say nothing, but my understanding is that it's not uncommon to at least require a recent apostille, especially for marriage certificates. The last thing I want is to deal with paperwork half a world away because something expired.

For permanent residency:

By "issued", I mean that my family's birth certificates say "Date Issued" which is roughly the date they were printed and mailed, not the date the births were first registered with the county/state. Our marriage certificate has something similar.

The only datapoint I have is this thread where one commenter says that birth certificate apostilles don't expire but I can't find anything on the other three. I've looked through various Argentine consulate pages and they say nothing, but my understanding is that it's not uncommon to at least require a recent apostille, especially for marriage certificates. The last thing I want is to deal with paperwork half a world away because something expired.
When I did my PR, I wasn't ever asked for my birth certificate. Marriage, yes, but only because I applied through marriage. I can't speak to the apostille part though, because our certificado de matrimonio was from CABA.

Apostille/Legalization no, the only thing that expires (and mine did) was background check from country of origin/countries you've lived in

Apostille/Legalization no, the only thing that expires (and mine did) was background check from country of origin/countries you've lived in
Oh man, when does the background check expire? I was thinking about getting mine just before heading back from Canada at the end of September.

On the Migraciones website, they say you only need to provide police clearance for the country you've been living in for the past 3 years. Is this one of the things they say officially but in practice ask for more? I was born and raised in the USA but left decades ago.

Thanks in advance!!

For permanent residency:

I did my permanent residency last year through marriage and no, there was no expiration date for either my birth certificate apostille or marriage certificate apostille. My wife however, did have to get a seal for her Argentine birth certificate and it couldn't be older than 30 days I believe. Might want to double check that side of the application.

Oh man, when does the background check expire? I was thinking about getting mine just before heading back from Canada at the end of September.

On the Migraciones website, they say you only need to provide police clearance for the country you've been living in for the past 3 years. Is this one of the things they say officially but in practice ask for more? I was born and raised in the USA but left decades ago.

Thanks in advance!!
Yes they can ask for more. I had to get police certificates from at least 3 countries going back about 5 years.

Thanks in advance!!
90 days from when it's issued

Thanks in advance!!
It depends, I've heard 90 days, 6 months, and same year. Mine was almost 2+ years old from when I applied to when they reviewed it, so the newer the better

Back