Do They Ask For Dni When Leaving The Country?

Spfly731

Registered
Does anyone remember if they ask for your DNI when you leave the country?

If you are a permanent resident of Argentina, you must present to immigration your DNI along with your passport.

Yes, Migraciones knows who you are. If you present your passport and not your DNI you'll probably get invited to have some coffee or tea with the folks in the back room. On the other hand, Aduana has no clue. On your way back in country with all of your contraband you can flash your passport and probably get waived through.

Nothing happens without you DNI. They cannot deny you to leave. Worst possible escenario is to have to pay the fine. They ask for your DNI because it has priority over your passport. Regards

I entered as a tourist, have that stamp in my passport. I successfully applied for perm residency here. Assume there will be no tea and coffee as I fly in and out?

As with the theme of 1984 : They Know.......... Big Brother is Watching.....

But do they really care ? I did not show my DNI upon entry ( did not ask , did not tell ) and got that 90 tourista stamp. But they knew.......

I will not worry about exceeding 90 days because I have my DNI. Will not have to pay a fine.

SO , I assume no tea and coffee.

I forgot my DNI when leaving Ezeiza not long ago.(I have perm res).
Bit of a hoohaa, but luckily I had a photocopy and paid a small 'fine' at the immigration office.
It really is much simpler if you take the DNI with you.
As for coming back in, I've only ever shown my passport.

Coming in you def need the DNI as otherwise how can you show residency? My husband hadn't yet applied for his last time we entered and he received a warning...

Back