Is it normal for Migraciones to ask for your passport to be translated for PR?

First time in early 2010s nope, second time in 2021 they requested it. Make work project like many things, it's good enough to get in to Argentina but not enough to stay apparently 🤷‍♂️

Interesting, my PR was in 2022, I didn't have to supply a passport translation. I didn't even have to submit a copy, since I'd done that with my original temporary residence / work visa application. Maybe it doesn't apply to EU people? (we have semi-multilingual passports, the data on mine is in 3 languages, and I guess a common format to all EU countries).

All passports have English plus other official languages depending on each country. Unless your passport has Spanish on it, I guess my case is probably random and the officer just wanted to make my life more difficult out of spite for whatever unknown reasons. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ It just doesn’t make sense to me because passport is an internationally recognized form of identification. If they request this, shouldn’t all incoming tourists have the Spanish translation of their passports ready at EZE upon entering the country? Beats me 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ Oh well.

Back